Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » WOTF 4th Quarter First HM's on Monday... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WOTF 4th Quarter First HM's on Monday...
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
WooHoo! Way to go, Omakase!

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Omakase! This is going to be one stellar group of finalists, I can just tell.
Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, awesome! Congratulations!
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! Now the real anxiety may begin. Prepare for the rollcoaster...
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats as well. I'd love to read your story if you ever feel like senidng it over for a crit.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omakase
Member # 2915

- posted      Profile for Omakase   Email Omakase         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone!!

Yes... the countdown begins... tick tock.

For anyone who is interested in reading the story -- it's sci-fi -- just drop me an email and I'll send you over a copy. It's about 7800 words.

[This message has been edited by Omakase (edited December 10, 2008).]

Posts: 179 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

Any word on when you hear more?
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omakase
Member # 2915

- posted      Profile for Omakase   Email Omakase         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, she said it would be about another month or so...

Guess I'll count the spot as an early Christmas present!

Posts: 179 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Could you send me the story, though?!

[This message has been edited by skadder (edited December 10, 2008).]

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arriki
Member # 3079

- posted      Profile for arriki   Email arriki         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year I mailed my story in two weeks before the deadline and I received a note that instead of putting in with the stories for that quarter they were putting it in the NEXT quarter's group. Thus I was shut out of first quarter and could not enter second quarter since my story was bumped up to there.

I'm having bad luck all around. Now, this first quarter, again, there's a problem. My computer's down. I have lost my story. People have graciously emailed early versions but this XXXXXX computer won't let me download with out sending a copy to Microsoft for some reason. So now I may be sending the story in barely in time and how can I trust them NOT to bump it up to second quarter again, denying me participation in a whole quarter?

Posts: 1580 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

That's really unfortunate. I feel for you. Out of curiosity, since I submitted mine late this time, when did you get your notice that it would be held off for the next quarter?
arriki
Member # 3079

- posted      Profile for arriki   Email arriki         Edit/Delete Post 
It was a couple of weeks, I think, it an email. I was working on a story for the second quarter at the time, which then wasn't eligible. And I got off track.

Yeah, I'm whining. I've been so panicked by this stupid hard drive dying on me right before I was to print off and submit. It's like Something in the Universe is against me and this contest. First the printer on its own drops a whole line in the middle of the mss last time, now this!

Backup, backup, backup everything! All the time!
Check, check, check that every line is there!

I'm going to the library to download to get around this dratted computer. I'm going to send off...SOMETHING...Monday. Sigh.

[This message has been edited by arriki (edited December 11, 2008).]

Posts: 1580 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.