Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » 12-20-08 Did You Write?

Author Topic: 12-20-08 Did You Write?
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
12-20-08 Did You Write?
Another week has passed. Another of these bothersome notes appear. The hope is that this note will prompt you, and me, into writing regularly. Even writing once a week is a good thing, as that itself can become a good habit. Having the pressure to get something done by a given time, such as the appearance of this note, might be enough to get something done. That is the hope anyway. Of course, One does not have to report on Monday, One can report when you have the opportunity, such as after you get off your duff and write something that you can report.
Of course, I always list things I think is writing. Your list could be different, but I am mainly pointing out what you might not think of.

As for me, I point to the condition of our society and shamefully claim responsibility for the collapse. Because I did not write this week, I dragged our society into the gutter. I did not live up to my potential. I am sorry.....
I have had a lot of stuff going on, including a club meeting and preparations for the holiday. I am painting my own cards and decorating containers for gifts. I am at best, ready for October, not december, and especially not for the last week. I cannot write and paint, and pack at the same time. I am behind on everything.

ON the story idea front, I am two days behind. I am not worried as I have quite a few days to catch up. I might even have time to do some serious writing During the Christmas/New Year Holiday.

I have no problems that hitting the Lottery, and Going to Boot Camp, would not solve.

As to the question of the day,
I can honestly, yet Shamefully say,
NO, I did not write.

Did you Write?

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. 2 nights in a row! havent done that since the last week in September. I think i am finally adjusting to the new job.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khalan
Member # 5950

- posted      Profile for Khalan   Email Khalan         Edit/Delete Post 
I did! For the first time in well, just about ever. 2,000 words into a 6-7k story.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C L Lynn
Member # 8007

- posted      Profile for C L Lynn   Email C L Lynn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! I started a new story this afternoon. Feels like breathing.
Posts: 226 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempest
Member # 8242

- posted      Profile for tempest   Email tempest         Edit/Delete Post 
Not as much as I had hoped. With preparations for Christmas taking up most of my time, I haven't had a chance. I have snuck in a bit of writing after hours though.
So, to the question, yes I wrote.

Posts: 171 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
I did. I hit the 60k word mark of my WIP novel. I figure another 30k words and I'll be done the first draft.

Can't wait.

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because I did not write this week, I dragged our society into the gutter. I did not live up to my potential.

Well, did you at least smile at someone last week? That would've helped the balance.

I've realized tracking my quantity of work has been more difficult lately. I write and edit certain stories electronically and stick to paper for others, which is only a problem because I haven't been choosing a dominant story for each week. Last week, I worked on bits of three short stories and two novels. This week, I think I can focus most of my attention on Odal's Story.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I have--in one form or another--all day. Spent most of it knocking out the third act to our collaborative outline, but Have tinkered a bit on my WIP, too. Almost at 99,000 words.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I did good this weekend. Each night I wrote about 1000 words.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a lot squeezed out of this week, but in between I managed to write here and there. I'm within striking distance of the end of the current draft of my current work---I'd hoped to be finished so I could put it up here.

I had to recast one section---I realized, going through it again, that I'd left one character tied up (literaly) and I needed to cut her down before going on to the next (and final) scene. And that made me realize I needed a certain recasting of some earlier scenes---which I'll have to get to.

Ah, well. I'm off right now...I'm off till ten PM Christmas day...and, despite all the Christmas-y things I'll be doing, I should have time to finish it all. I'd better.

(Then it's on to polishing this draft, and, sometime before spring, maybe, sending it off.)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.