Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Open Office formatting question

Author Topic: Open Office formatting question
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm using Open Office 3, and am curious if there is a way to modify the formatting of all of my .odt files at once. I save each chapter as an individual file, but I want to change the font and line spacing for all of the files, and would rather not do them one at a time, if at all possible.

Thanks!

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
You would need to use the templates and styles features.

According to the Help system, you can import paragraph styles from one doc into another, so you could set one document up with the formatting you want and import it into the next, and the next, and so on.

Alternatively, you could define a template with the paragraph styles you want and attach it to each doc in turn.

I haven't tried it in Open Office Writer, but in MS Word it's easy after you've spent ages learning how to do it.

[This message has been edited by TaleSpinner (edited February 19, 2009).]

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.