Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Book Blogs for New SFF writers

Author Topic: Book Blogs for New SFF writers
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
In my immersion into a more aggressive writing life, I enjoy reading interesting blogs. That's how I found this bulletin board.

Good active blogs in my genre and on getting some traction with agents and publishers seem to be elusive creatures.

What blogs have you writers out there found of use and/or enjoyable?

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheyne
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Cheyne   Email Cheyne         Edit/Delete Post 
A good podcast that I enjoy is "Writing Excuses". it is fifteen minutes long and each episode deals with a different aspect of writing or publishing with a focus on SF&F.
Good Guests and the hosts are all published authors.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Most authors today have blogs that are popular. I also follow a lot of authors' twitter feeds. John Scalzi is my favorite author blogger (he tweets some, but not a lot), and reading Neil Gaiman's twitter feed is really interesting (life of a superstar writer.)

If you have a favorite author and the author is still writing things today (many of my favs are dead, sigh) then odds are good that the author has a blog. Be forewarned, though, upon finding one favorite author's blog, I discovered that she wasn't what I had dreamed up in my imagination. Nothing wrong, just different enough that it was unsettling. I don't follow her blog very closely as a result.

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I've taken an interest in Frederik Pohl's blog:

http://www.thewaythefutureblogs.com/

Though we're as far apart in politics as any pair of US citizens can be, I've long enjoyed his work. I only learned of the existence of his blog recently---I'm not a big blog follower---and I look forward to other entries (political differences or not).

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DebbieKW
Member # 5058

- posted      Profile for DebbieKW   Email DebbieKW         Edit/Delete Post 
This isn't quite what you asked for, but each week on my blog I post links to publishing news and writing advice that I've found on other people's blogs that I think is useful for aspiring or newly published writers. You might find some blogs you like through those links.
Posts: 357 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.