Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Ready for Market March

Author Topic: Ready for Market March
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's up for the Ready for Market challenge for March?

It's for stories that have been through some kind of crit process (e.g. here in F&F) and are ready to submit to market -- after a final bit of polish in the RFM challenge. Crits are generally short, direct, though polite and constructive and helpful.

Here's how we did it before:

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum1/HTML/005409.html

If you have something you'd like to offer, please so indicate in this thread and I'll kick off the challenge later today or tomorrow. (Me, I have nothing ready for this month but I'm happy to join in anyhow if there are takers.)

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pat,

It depends on how generous you want to be with the requirements. I have a story that has been rejected (I presume; see the "withdrawing story?" thread) and it wouldn't hurt to get another pair of eyes looking at it. However, I also want to send it out again within the next day or two.

As such, any feedback is going to be used as general principles for different stories or feedback if it gets rejected again. Any problems with that? If you don't think it fits into the spirit of the FRM challenge, I'll stick to critiquing one or two of the stories.

Nick

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post 
If the Witch contest is done on time, I'd like to throw that story into this (with tweaks if necessary).
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be participating with one story or another.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliedfive
Member # 7811

- posted      Profile for alliedfive   Email alliedfive         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be in again.
Posts: 323 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Nick T, the story is welcome because, as you say, you'll learn regardless, and so perhaps will we.

JohnMac, the contest is going to take around three weeks to come to a conclusion, so the April RFM might be better -- it would also give you some time to revise in the light of the crits you should receive during the contest.

Okay, I'll start the challenge ...

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post 
wooohooo! Let's go! Let's go!
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.