Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Anyone going to WOTF awards tomorrow?

Author Topic: Anyone going to WOTF awards tomorrow?
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone going to WOTF awards tomorrow? Gina and I will be there with our daughter and friend. I'll be the one slipping Kathy Wentworth hundred dollar bills.

Tracy

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll be the one slipping Kathy Wentworth hundred dollar bills.

You're suppose to do that when you send in your submission, Tracy.

Wish I could, I'll be in Portland.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there via webcast--supposing I don't have computer problems...
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

I'll grab an extra book for you Chris, assuming I get out the door with two books I'll send it to you.
Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisOwens
Member # 1955

- posted      Profile for ChrisOwens   Email ChrisOwens         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, but that's okay. I know I'd get it quicker that way, but that would deprive me of the joy of going to the bookstore, browsing, ect--it's why I next to never purchase books online.
Posts: 1275 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

Fine, i'll give it to someone else... see if I care. The pre-release is better quality white paper and comes out four to six months before its available in stores... but if you don't want it, I understand.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what did you think, tnwilz? How did you like attending? (I'm curious if it's changed any from when I attended for volume 9.)
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

This year it was a little too successful, as in there was a lot of people there. They had to move the whole thing to the Hotel Roosevelt across the street. The actual awards were fantastic, very professional with many special guests and celebrities. The after party was very crowded and really needed to be in a much larger hall. We left fairly quickly after the presentations, right behind Kevin Sorbo and his wife in fact. It wasn't anyones fault really, I think a lot of people RSVP'd at the last minute. We didn't want to crowd the room when the writers were there to be honored. Last year was much more intimate because there was only about 300 people and the the author services building is very comfortable for that many people. It was easy to sit around and chat with Fredrick Pohl and Kathy and the anthology writers. I think it was just because it was the twenty-fifth anniversary that it was a little crowded. Still an amazing event that surely leaves the 24 winners reeling. Thay make them feel like a real celebrity for that week.

Tracy

BTW Anne McCaffrey never did come in the end. I guess it was too much traveling for an 83 year-old. Understandable really, traveling 7000 miles will wipe out someone half her age.

[This message has been edited by tnwilz (edited September 01, 2009).]

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, tnwilz. I especially appreciate the comparison between this year and last.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.