Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Word 2007

Author Topic: Word 2007
tnwilz
Member # 4080

- posted      Profile for tnwilz   Email tnwilz         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I hit enter to begin a new paragraph it skips a line. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this?
Thanks in advance.

Tracy

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.

On the home tab, on the paragraph section there is a button with four lines and an up-and-down arrow (IIII and <- -> , except turnd on thier side) on it. Click it an change the options at the bottom so they READ add space after paragraph and add space before paragraph; this means they will not do this.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I have Word 2000, and I didn't realize it would be that different.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

Thank you, one could write a book in the time it takes for me to learn these programs. How's Exeter tonight, my brother lives Dryden Rd near hospital.

Tracy

Posts: 556 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
The default settings in later generations of Microsoft products promote the company's viewpoints on standard digital publication formatting, like line spacing, added line space on hard returns, page margins, lines per page, paragraph indents, typeface, and so on, in word processor products like Word and Outlook.

There are a few evolving digital formatting standards emerging that are different from paper formatting standards. I suspect Microsoft, like every other interested party, is attempting to push toward a universal standard. Just what ought to be the standard for any one organization or individual is as variable as existing standards.

Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Really?

I work in the hospital next to Dryden Rd. in the Drug Dependcy unit.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tnwilz
Member # 4080

I figured you probably did. He works at Sainsbury's. Wait, this isn't about writing. Sorry Kathleen, Adam's bad. Haha (impish look)
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh-huh.

I was wondering when you would notice that you'd gotten off topic.

So, Word 2007 is supposed to be a step toward standardization. I hope so. Better to take such steps than to sit around expecting everyone to march to the beat of your own drummer.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.