Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » "Fiction Writer's Workshop", by Josip Novakovich

Author Topic: "Fiction Writer's Workshop", by Josip Novakovich
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious if anyone else has picked up this book. I got it on a whim (and for 20% off at Books-a-Million), but his material is fairly-well organized and interesting, and I've enjoyed his writing exercises thus far.

Any thoughts out there?

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koren_Pierce
Member # 8853

- posted      Profile for Koren_Pierce   Email Koren_Pierce         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard good things about this book. I have recently picked up A Writer's Guide to Fiction by Elizabeth Lyon. The section breaking down the "Hero Journey" is especially helpful.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested in the Hero Journey section. I might have to book cart that one.

I have the THE ELEMENTS OF FICTION WRITING Writers Digest series on my desk as quick reference. Most of them are pretty good, and of course Orson Scott Cards HOW TO WRITE SCI-FI AND FANTASY. I have not read the others from the Genre Writing Series but I am sure they are good reference too.

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.