Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » New science and breakthroughs

Author Topic: New science and breakthroughs
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
Thought recreating some of the old posts about new technologies and scientific discoveries might be helpful. If not I guess the post can fade away.

Here is an article about today's announcement about water on the moon. I will let you decide how it will drain into your stories.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33918160/ns/technology_and_science-space/

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phobos
Member # 8883

- posted      Profile for Phobos   Email Phobos         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the LCROSS an amazing machine. And I thought the ATHLETE's were cool. This thing makes Spirit and Discovery look like toys.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is interesting how much of space exploration is privately funded now.
Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Not exactly water on the moon, but this link was pointed out to a few people by James Gunn, and I thought I'd let you all know about it, too (if you click on it, it will open a PDF file):

http://www.esa.int/esapub/br/br176/br176.pdf

The thing about PDF files is that you can left-click on the link to open the file, but if you right-click on the link, you get a list of options, one of which is Save Target As... and if you select that option, you can save the PDF file to your computer, for future reference.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.