Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » So you sold your novel... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So you sold your novel...
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if I'd be up to a promotional tour...I have a job that ties me down the bulk of the year and, because it's at night, eliminates most of the daytime hours. Since the job pays me a good deal of money, anything I make as a writer would have to surpass that, probably by quite a bit, before I quit and go off. (Not that I wouldn't like to quit it...it just wouldn't make financial sense to do so.)

I'd be able to handle sending things off and writing to promote something---personal appearances would have to be at a minimum.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverberry
Member # 8945

- posted      Profile for silverberry   Email silverberry         Edit/Delete Post 
Robert,

Can you maintain a vigorous web presence? Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads? Can you go to an SF convention every now and then (three days each, usually)? You don't necessarily need a tour.

Leo

Posts: 17 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't updated my website in over a year...making snide comments on websites like this seems to be about all I can manage. Seems a lot of days I can barely find time to write...becoming a Web God likely would take time away from that.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of web pages for writers, can anyone suggest a good web page provider (or whatever they are called)?
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I use "Register-dot-com." So far, no problems...but I pay for it, it's not a free service. Also, so far, I haven't manipulated the pages that much, all things considered, so I'm unaware of any problems I might have with that.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.