Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » An open note to those who have sent me manuscripts

Author Topic: An open note to those who have sent me manuscripts
Teraen
Member # 8612

- posted      Profile for Teraen   Email Teraen         Edit/Delete Post 
So I planned on going through a bunch of these in my free time... but I haven't had any free time! My work schedule has changed, and my school classes are giving me much more homework than I anticipated. Plus, that wife and kids always want attentions...

Anyways, I've been inundated with stuff that, yes, I've requested. My hopes to give feedback have dimmed, I seem to have bit off more than I can chew. This is partly because when I give feedback, I try to be detailed. I read it at least twice, giving overall impression and feedback down to punctuation and spelling repairs. That's how I like my crits, so I try to give it to others.

I'm slowly going through my stack, getting papers back to the victims...er... authors, but please forgive me if it isn't as quick as you expected.

It isn't as quick as I expected either.

Frankly, this site has done more to inspire me to write, and improve my writing, that I feel horrible if I let anyone down.

I'll send you all an autographed copy of my novel in about twenty years as recompense... that seems about how long it will take at this rate...

Posts: 496 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BenM
Member # 8329

- posted      Profile for BenM   Email BenM         Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to face a similar problem. Critiquing everyone's stories for the WotF group has been a handful: the proverbial wife and kids means that remaining writing time does seem a little limited, and my caffeine intake and bleary eyes seem clues as to where I've been finding the spare time. I feel a little guilty that I don't ask for more stories to crit from this forum's fragments section at times.

But take heart, writing time is cumulative, so a little here and a little there and it might not take twenty years after all

Posts: 921 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.