Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Life getting in the way of your writing? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Life getting in the way of your writing?
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
By the Beards of Antiquity!
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was hilarious. Congrats Sholar, and thanks for being obscure enough to give me a good laugh.

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
That particular kind of "parasite" can really take a toll on your creativity (since so much of your physical energy is going into creating another body).

Take it easy, sholar, and remember that ginger snaps are a pretty good idea because they will be soft coming back up (my mom liked soda crackers/saltines for the same reason when she was carrying me and my sibs) and they may not taste as bad as some other kinds of foods on their way out.

"New life" is definitely something that can get in the way of your writing, and just about anything else you may want to do, for at least a year.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for billawaboy   Email billawaboy         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. I should read more carefully. I just saw parasite and hit post (and...I also thought sholar was a man, hehe - sorry about that)

And congrats on the lil' parasite - may it feed off you in various ways till you get to feed off it!

Posts: 342 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
You're dividing? Congratulations!
Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sholar
Member # 3280

- posted      Profile for sholar   Email sholar         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the congrats!
Posts: 303 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys make it sound like a hygiene issue...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
It will be.
Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foste
Member # 8892

- posted      Profile for Foste   Email Foste         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... wait I can join in on this one...

Ugh... [GENERIC WITTY COMMENT].

Jokes aside, congratulations sholar.

Posts: 628 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wait until that parasite is 16 and asking for the car keys, and some cash to go spend at the mall. =^)
Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Posie70
Member # 9036

- posted      Profile for Posie70   Email Posie70         Edit/Delete Post 
You have all brightened my day with this thread. Congrats Sholar! (as my youngest parasite asks me to open his "teez" - that's parasite for cheese).

And I will segway into my main "time sucker" that keeps me from writing every day... the 4 parasites. Love em, but boy does it get hard. But if I can even get a few lines a day and at least be thinking about it, I can make some headway.

Good luck to you all!

Posts: 36 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
You've also done a good job of hijacking this thread...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You've also done a good job of hijacking this thread...

I'm not sure I see how talking about being pregnant qualifies as hijacking a topic on life getting in the way of writing. If pregnancy isn't about life, then what is?

And if people want to talk about other ways life (of the nonparasitical variety) gets in the way of writing, then they are welcome to.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Luckily, I have no life. But my writing gets in the way of my writing.

Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Well, when the subject came up, we (me and the others) spent some time offering congratulations (the others) and crude jokes (me)---and talking less about life getting in the way.

I've got a new timewaster---yesterday I got a good price on the first two seasons of "Star Trek: The Original Series" on Blu-Ray. I liked the one episode I've watched so far, I'm of two minds about the re-done special effects, and foresee it taking up my writing time this week if I'm not careful.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.