Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » A little inspiration from Howard Tayler

Author Topic: A little inspiration from Howard Tayler
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Heres a little three minutes of Howard Tayler.

http://bit.ly/addkWW

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walexander
Member # 9151

- posted      Profile for walexander   Email walexander         Edit/Delete Post 
Utah’s Daily Herald Profile: Howard Taylor.
The popular comic creator of, “Schlock Mercenary.”

Excerpt’s:

‘The syndicates very rightfully turned me down because the only way for any of my earlier work to suck any harder is for us to raise atmospheric pressure. They were very kind in, you know, not actually telling me that in the form letters that they sent back rejecting me.’

“It’s is so fulfilling, to, with your own hands, develop something, and then with your own hands develop the skill.."

"..and you see that you’ve made progress, and that you see that what you love, you now love more; because you’ve gotten better at it. Instead of loving it less; because you’ve turned it into a job. If you’re really passionate about it you will continue to love it, and you’ll love it more, the more you do it.”

He also speaks a little about the benefits of web publication.
Worth the time to watch the 2:36 video.

Thought I would provide a little more info on where the link leads to.

Link provided above by Pyre Dynasty, Thanks.

W.

[This message has been edited by walexander (edited July 31, 2010).]

Posts: 634 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I was running off to work when I posted it.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
Howard is also a heck of a nice fellow, if ever you get to talk to him. I got to ramble with him in the green room for awhile at LTUE and he is erudite, intelligent, and we actually had some points of view in common. Like Larry Correia. Both of those men are testaments to believing in yourself and your product and never letting any obstacles stop you. Now, they are both reaping the rewards. It's damned inspiring if you ask me, especially when you find out what nice guys they are. I always like seeing nice guys win!
Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.