Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » NANO this year?

Author Topic: NANO this year?
SavantIdiot
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for SavantIdiot   Email SavantIdiot         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gearing up to do it again as last year was so very fruitful for me. I'm trying to decide whether to plan on doing a series of short stories or to pour out one whole story which is what I did last year - or even to sit down and rewrite last year's story given what I learned. I want to use this month like a workshop and I want it to be the most profitable it can be.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Obviously, that is your choice but I think it would be fun to a series of short stories that are related. The Shadowrun series had an anthology like that even though it wasn't until you were three fourths of the way through the stories that they showed how they were related. I would think that you would have to have some idea of how your stories would be related and maybe ideas for some if not all of the stories before Nov 1.

Redoing last years novel could be a good and fun way of seeing how you have improved.

Personally I would like to do 50,000 words on one of the two novels I wanted finished by Christmas. I have around 20 to 30 thousand words now, But that wasn't one of the ways listed to be a rebel. But on the other hand my inner muse has been working on one idea even though I didn't tell it to and so I want to do it too, now.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.