Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Question about the 13 rule

Author Topic: Question about the 13 rule
DRaney
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I posted the 1st 13 of Ravencroft-rewrite on the 'novel' thread and got some very helpful input. The question is about another section of the story from further down in the MS.
I have some odd grammatical 'things' I could use help with. How do I post 13 more lines from the same story? Does Kathleen need to use her magic wand to 'dispel' the former post or do I just post the 13 in a new topic? Thanks

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post 
My impression is you can only post the first 13 lines of a story, or revisions of those first 13 lines, but not the subsequent 13 lines of the same story. I could be wrong about that though.

KDW did tell me you could post the first 13 of each chapter, though, so maybe it'd be okay. Hopefully she'll chime in on this question.

Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Since you're talking about a whole novel, and only 13 line snippets of a first draft that will likely change to some degree later on, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Alternately, since you're worried about grammar, you could post the bits in Open Discussions with names and some info changed and make it a hypothetical discussion.

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're asking for feedback on a book-length story, you can post 13 lines from each chapter, if you need to.

Since you say that you have a question regarding another section, 13 lines from that should be fine, DRaney.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DRaney
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 

thanks - see ya over there!

[This message has been edited by DRaney (edited November 17, 2010).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldhawk
Member # 8826

- posted      Profile for goldhawk   Email goldhawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could post the whole thing on Critters, though they want you to post one chapter at a time.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.