Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Just for laughs...

Author Topic: Just for laughs...
coralm
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for coralm   Email coralm         Edit/Delete Post 
For about half a second, I seriously considered naming a character Jack Daniels.

Now, I had the last name first and was kind of casting around through first names and happened on that along the way, but I thought I'd share so everyone else can have a moment of amusement today.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

- posted      Profile for Grayson Morris           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, your husband's suggestion for kick-starting your writing is really taking over, isn't it? ;-)
Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralm
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for coralm   Email coralm         Edit/Delete Post 
Haha! Yes, that was one of the first things that occurred to me after.
Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
J A Konrath had a series of books with a character of that name.
Of course, it's really Jacqueline.
But everyone calls her Jack.

http://www.jakonrath.com/index.htm

I've read a bit of one of them. (sample online) It was decent.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember a paperback horror novel by Hugh Cave, a writer whose career stretched from about the 1930s to the 1990s. His hero was named "Jeff Gordon." There was (and still is) a very well-known NASCAR driver by that name. Did Cave know, or care? (All I know is that is amused me greatly.)
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost named one of my characters after another famous Daniels. Her given name was Charlene, but she preferred Charlie. It took me awhile to figure out why that name--Charlie Daniels--sounded so familiar .
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Montag
Member # 9421

- posted      Profile for Montag   Email Montag         Edit/Delete Post 
Robert that may be because the driver came after the book series....
Posts: 36 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
I once knew a person who wrote a series of stories about a soldier with the last name Sanders. She thought nothing of it until he was promoted to colonel.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.