Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Other Useful Forums

Author Topic: Other Useful Forums
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
What other writing forums and/or communities do you guys visit regularly that you find useful or inspirational?

(If this is the wrong section to post this under, I apologize profusely, She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Ticked-Off Ma'am.)

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
The only other forum I'm active on is David Farland's Writers' Groups.

In addition to a general forum, that one is also divided into smaller groups based on the writers' genre, length, and other factors. I gather that the usefulness depends on what group you belong to.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralm
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for coralm   Email coralm         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been sucked into kindleboards lately. If you are at all interested in self-e-publishing, the Writers' Cafe section is a fantastic resource. The community is friendly and eager to share advice.

[This message has been edited by coralm (edited March 30, 2011).]

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks coralm, I'll have to check that one out.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a fan of critiquecircle.com as well as http://sff.onlinewritingworkshop.com/
Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, don't worry about it, Rhaythe. This area is for the discussion and sharing of information about writing, so your topic fits well enough.

Thanks for starting it, by the way. There should be a lot of good information in here eventually.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissa
Member # 9206

- posted      Profile for Lissa   Email Lissa         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! All sites are appreciated~

Lis

Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reziac
Member # 9345

- posted      Profile for Reziac   Email Reziac         Edit/Delete Post 
We just had the same topic over on Absolute Write.
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/index.php
(Ignore the frightening new look; mind the calendar.)

I mostly use AW and Hatrack, but occasionally peek into others. No two have quite the same personality and focus.

Posts: 782 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaythe
Member # 7857

- posted      Profile for Rhaythe   Email Rhaythe         Edit/Delete Post 
I keep an eye on www.writingforums.org just to see what comes up, but compared to this site, the writers there seem younger in the writing process. Not that the occasional gem won't pop up there, but I've had an account and still haven't posted yet.

[This message has been edited by Rhaythe (edited April 01, 2011).]

Posts: 487 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.