Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Writers Conference--Help

Author Topic: Writers Conference--Help
OlsenOlsen
Member # 8198

- posted      Profile for OlsenOlsen   Email OlsenOlsen         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to be attending my first writers conference/workshop this summer.

If anyone is interested in taking a look here it is, http://nebraskawriters.unl.edu/

I'm going to be taking one of the week long classes and am having a difficult time deciding who exactly to take my workshop from.

Either:

1)Daniel Handler (also known as lemony snicket)
2)Kate Bernheimer
3)Sean Doolittle

Has anyone read Kate Bernheimer or Sean Doolittle?

Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamieFord
Member # 3112

- posted      Profile for JamieFord   Email JamieFord         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd go with Handler. Is Carolyn Parkhurst an option? If so I'd go with her.
Posts: 603 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wordcaster
Member # 9183

- posted      Profile for Wordcaster   Email Wordcaster         Edit/Delete Post 
A week long? That will be really cool. Enjoy and take notes for us
Posts: 475 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
For me it would be Handler, because there are things he does that I want to learn. But you have to ask yourself what does the author teach/do that you need. I say read the actual class descriptions and choose what interests you most.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OlsenOlsen
Member # 8198

- posted      Profile for OlsenOlsen   Email OlsenOlsen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Carolyn Parkhurst is one of the options as well... Have you had a class from her?

I've read all the descriptions and they all sound good! ha

I'll probably end up taking handler's class, but I would love to still hear from other people, that is if anyone has anything to add.

Posts: 52 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamieFord
Member # 3112

- posted      Profile for JamieFord   Email JamieFord         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't, but her book was a commercial and critical success. She might be a dreadful teacher, you never know, but she's doing something right, so probably worth spending time with.
Posts: 603 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.