Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Amazon Word Count Text Stats

Author Topic: Amazon Word Count Text Stats
cynicalpen
Member # 9378

- posted      Profile for cynicalpen           Edit/Delete Post 
Did Amazon get rid of this feature? I'm trying to find out the word length of some books and an older thread here keyed me in to this feature, but it seems Amazon no longer supports it.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmeadors
Member # 6378

- posted      Profile for mrmeadors   Email mrmeadors         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I had been looking for that a couple weeks ago, and noticed it was gone as well. Guess they got rid of it.

Melanie

Posts: 223 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

- posted      Profile for redux   Email redux         Edit/Delete Post 
Scroll down to "Inside This Book" Header (it's almost towards the bottom of the page) and there's a "Text Stats" link there. Click it and it will give you the book's word count and even Readability index scores along with some other stats.

Edited to add: not all books on Amazon seem to have this feature.

[This message has been edited by redux (edited April 05, 2011).]

Posts: 525 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cynicalpen
Member # 9378

- posted      Profile for cynicalpen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. Looks like some books have that and others don't. Even ones with the "look inside this book" advertisement.
Posts: 38 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.