Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » British Agents

Author Topic: British Agents
Wannabe
Member # 9510

- posted      Profile for Wannabe           Edit/Delete Post 
Aside from James Bond, are there any agents that specialize in representing the U.K. Especially lit agents?

I believe my WIP will be better received in the U.K. than the U.S. Can anyone please help me identify good agents that have a specialization, or connection to, the U.K. market?

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you talking about secret agents or literary agents?
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wannabe
Member # 9510

- posted      Profile for Wannabe           Edit/Delete Post 
Literary agents. I was just making a joke.
Posts: 56 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

- posted      Profile for redux   Email redux         Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you think your book will be better received in the UK?

Here are some links that might help you get started:
http://www.sfwa.org/for-authors/writer-beware/agents/#Links
http://www.agentsassoc.co.uk/index.php/

Posts: 525 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

I saw what you were getting at but I didn't have any advice besides checking out google-but you probably wouldn't know which ones are good- or the SFWA web site. Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

There's another group I can't think of right now.

But my first thought was that you should check out to MI6 - they are into agents after all.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.