Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » World Fantasy Convention, San Diego...

Author Topic: World Fantasy Convention, San Diego...
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
...anybody here going?

I'll be there...

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

When and where?

Well, obviously San Diego but where in the city?

And whose going to be there?

I can almost go.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going.
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
LDWriter - well you can only go if you can get a membership. I was on the waiting list and got one a week ago.

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 

Well, if they are being that inclusive I will just have to go to another con in CA or start my own.

Actually, I have thought about trying to do one here. If I could find someone who is good at organizing things. I've tried doing a couple of small events but it never quite works out right.

We used to have both a writing conference and a SF-Star Trek fusion Con. Both went on for years but just quit, just when I had the time and money to go to each. So why not a writing-SF Con fusion?

Call it the San Joaquin Black Hole or if it was held during the summer call it the Central Valley Nova for obvious reasons.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

LDWriter, your post seems to show a rather negative tone. It's normal practice at major cons for them to:

a). cost money (because venues and guests and so forth cost money)
b). have a limited attendance (because of the capacity of the venue)
c). book up well in advance (this was particularly the case with WFC as it has Neil Gaiman as one of the guests of honour)

I started this thread because the con is imminent and I only just found out I could attend (as noted, I was on a waiting list - had been since April) and I wanted to find out if anyone else on Hatrack was attending (there is an attending membership list on the WFC website but I don't know the real names of most Hatrackers).

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.