Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Permissible to Post More Than Once?

Author Topic: Permissible to Post More Than Once?
Lloyd Tackitt
Member # 9714

- posted      Profile for Lloyd Tackitt   Email Lloyd Tackitt         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it considered bad manners to post more than one story fragment at a time? As in I have another story that I would appreciate feedback on - but since I just posted one I don't want to be a hog, so to speak. Unless being a hog is OK that is...
Posts: 64 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C@R3Y
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for C@R3Y   Email C@R3Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if I may, I feel that as long as you critique other peoples stories, whether the crit's are the first thirteen lines or a full story, then you can post pretty much as many as you feel. Well, within reason of course. I usually wait a few days before posting another, if I have another, but if you scroll down the list my name comes up quite frequently.

I think that it is okay as long as you contribute as well.

That's my two cents on the matter.

Posts: 193 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C@R3Y
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for C@R3Y   Email C@R3Y         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, one other thing... when you have a question like this, it should probably go in Open Discussions About Writing forum.

=]

Posts: 193 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
Well it's up to KDW at the end of course but in my opinion, as long as you don't flood the place, do what feels comfortable for you. And I do agree that, at least for me, the more you crit for others the more acceptable it is to have more of your own stuff out there.
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
What C@R3Y said, Lloyd Tackitt. As long as you are giving feedback as well as asking for it, you can certainly post the first 13 lines from more than one story.

And I'll move this to the Open Discussions area.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't think it'd be a problem unless you went bananas and posted dozens at once...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd Tackitt
Member # 9714

- posted      Profile for Lloyd Tackitt   Email Lloyd Tackitt         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the image of going bananas and posting all my stories at the same time. It's tempting too, but I am polite if not much else, so I won't. Well...maybe one more...
Posts: 64 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm intrigued by the idea of putting up some of my extremely early stories from the seventies and on---not here, mercifully, but on my website---but it'd be an ordeal trying to put typed words on paper into a scanned file or, worse, retyped.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.