Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Anthology Anyone? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anthology Anyone?
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
treehousetales dot com is spoken for by a German domain name squatter. Dot net is available.

My concerns with inviting previously published writers to submit are twofold: what payment level and what degree of developmental editing will they accept.

My philosopy, mirroring Ms. Dalton Woodbury's, is the anthology should be a showcase to the membership and the public and encourage both struggling Hatrack writers and emerging Hatrack editors and publishers; that is, a learning experience for all and for a greater good. The process of developing due diligence is pushing me more and more in that direction.

Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
How about the manyroomedtreehouse.com or adventuresinthetreehouse.com Of course there is a children's book with that title I believe. Journeysfromthetreehouse.com ?

But I might have missed something somewhere as I seem to have done already, but has anyone suggested trying for a forward from Card?

And I think this anthology is already a learning experience...a good one for us writers even though only one or two are actually involved in the process so far.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreatNovus
Member # 9671

- posted      Profile for GreatNovus   Email GreatNovus         Edit/Delete Post 
Very excited about this, was there a genre or theme decided on? Or is it all freeform?
Posts: 91 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
I found out today I was awarded a summer internship I applied for awhile ago. My spare time just evaporated. I won't be able to pursue an anthology publication until next summer at the earliest. I apologize for getting everyone excited and then backing out.
Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Doh!

(and congrats on the internship)

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I spent the last week or so away, my Internet connection limited to going through my Nook Color. I could read these posts the whole while but couldn't reply.

But I think I was out of my depth by the first post...

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.