Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » WAIOTF Facebook page

Author Topic: WAIOTF Facebook page
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

With KDW's permission, I've been asked to copy and paste the following announcement:

You can win a story critique by Dave Wolverton, author of the Runelords series and dozens of other fantasy and science fiction novels. *Edited* A winner will be drawn from the first 1,500 people to "Like" the Writers and Illustrators of the Future Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/WritersAndIllustratorsOfTheFuture.

Feedback from such a talented author is invaluable, but the drawing winner's story will not be eligible for the contest.

Pass this on--the drawing does not take place until the page has 1,500 likes. Feel free to "Like" on all your Facebook accounts--mom and grandma can even win and pass the honor on to you. Dave will critique a story of up to 40 pages of standard manuscript format, found at http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html. That's about 10,000 words.

There are more reasons than the drawing to like the page. Orson Scott Card says, "Writers of the Future simply is the best way to launch a career." Neil Gaiman says the Writers of the Future Contest "has a record of nurturing and discovering writers who have gone on to make their mark in the science fiction field."

Top professional authors judge stories by aspiring fantasy and science fiction writers from around the world, handing out cash, a trip to Hollywood, a professional workshop, and publication in the anthology. The industry's leading magazine, Locus, calls that anthology "the best-selling SF anthology series of all time."

Keep up with contest news and join the community of professional and aspiring writers and illustrators by Liking the contest page at http://www.facebook.com/WritersAndIllustratorsOfTheFuture.

[ May 09, 2012, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Nick T ]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuziQ
Member # 9730

- posted      Profile for SuziQ   Email SuziQ         Edit/Delete Post 
Quick FYI...your link to the story submission guidelines picked up the period at the end of your sentence and takes you to a 404 page. You can follow this link http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html or just remove the period at the end of Nick's.
Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
I got my like on a while back.

I like to periodically warn them that someday I'm going to show up in LA to accept an award... [Wink]

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting. (edited to cut the rest)

[ May 09, 2012, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: JenniferHicks ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
NICK T HAS A REALLY COOL ACCENT!

Axe

[ May 09, 2012, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: axeminister ]

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick T
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for Nick T   Email Nick T         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

All I've done is copy and paste from John Arkwright, I didn't even read it. It's probably too late to do anything, but do you guys mind editing your posts?

Nick

[ May 09, 2012, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Nick T ]

Posts: 712 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.