Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Query group

Author Topic: Query group
Jess
Member # 9742

- posted      Profile for Jess           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I've started a new yahoo group and would love for people to join. It's called the Query Letter Crusaders.
I've noticed that a bunch of us on here are in the query letter phase of life.
Basically it's a group for polishing query letters. but more specifically, query letter packages.
Because what if you have an awesome query letter and awesome pages, but the voice doesn't match? or if your story starts too slowly? Or is it too confusing when your query is about one character and the story starts with another?
I'm not sure exactly how things are going to roll, but I think it'd be great to have a place where people can have their entire query package critted. The letter and sample pages, ect.
I'm also thinking about having some sort of feed back form so that we can get down to the nitty gritty of why it could possibly be rejected.
because I don't know about everyone else, but so far all I've gotten is form rejections (even after the agents request material. I send it in and the reject with no explaination). so this would be a good place for us to get the possible whys and to make our query packages as strong as possible.
the link for it is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/querylettercrusaders/

Even if you aren't ready to query but will be someday, it'll be good to learn from others. or if you aren't planning on querying but have mad query feedback skillz then you can join and be one of our mock agents.

Posts: 73 | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I figured this would be a good place for this. To a query minded people.

Learn Query

Hurry though I think there is room for six people left.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.