Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Did You Write - September 24, 2012

Author Topic: Did You Write - September 24, 2012
Heresy
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Heresy   Email Heresy         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't shoot me. I've been sick since yesterday (still not well, but on a slow road to getting better).

It's that time of the week again, time for the kick in the pants. The idea is that having somewhere to report progress will spur you on to make some. So I'm posing the question to all of us here. Did you write this week? As we have been reminded in the past, writing for the purposes of this thread can mean just about anything you want. You did some editing? Report it here. Outlining, pre-writing or any other kind of prep work? Sure, that counts too. And, of course, writing new work always counts.

I'm still editing my friend's manuscript, further along now in that. As for my own, I finished the latest path on Where The Ether Flows, wrote my outline for my November NaNo book, and started my first pass of editing on the last book I wrote, All Stitched Up.

I've also been making notes on a few other projects, which insist on not being forgotten. I think about the next two years-worth of writing is taking shape in my head as I type this. [Eek!]

Beyond that, some blog posts and a few new idea scraps to round out the week.

How about you guys? Did you write?

-Julie

Posts: 293 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did write.

A little outlining that really helped me figure out what to do with an old story. Revisions on MAGE STORM.

Some critiquing and two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
I did!

About 3700 words in the past two days (Net 2700 after I cut 988 words in a restart).

Glad to be back at it! [Smile]

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, about 3000 words moving a siege forward by three months, and killing of about 1000 bad guys in the process.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
A washout...a surprisingly busy week, all things considered. Sometimes when I'm inspired I can work on my writing around my busy-ness, but this week I wasn't inspired.

I hope to do better in a week or so, when my vacation starts---and, since my plans fell through and I'm not actually going anywhere (except maybe for a couple of days), I should have plenty of time on my hands for writing...

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Better than the last 2 weeks. Did a lot of critting, and wrote a piece submitted it away. Of course I got the rejection back last night, so I will fix the issues I want and submit back out.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
6,000 words on my new novel (the beginning)
Rewrites for an e-book to paperback publication.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcmann
Member # 9757

- posted      Profile for rcmann   Email rcmann         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. Still working on four, and a couple more that are germinating. I have a short attention span.
Posts: 884 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise
Member # 9779

- posted      Profile for wise   Email wise         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't written for a few weeks, and that was just rereading and tweaking some errors, hoping to get back in the swing again. The problem is that I've been moved from elementary to middle schools and have had a month-long readjustment to get used to my new digs and schedule. Things are just now starting to settle down again. So hopefully I will get back to my novel! Please, someone kick me in the butt!
Posts: 95 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally moved back home and can now write.

I wrote 454 words in a new story last night. It felt good.

The urge to write story ideas has not hit me yet. I will likely peacemeal them out when they come, but I don't see an idea a day any more. I will spend more time on real writing.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoldWriter
Member # 9899

- posted      Profile for BoldWriter   Email BoldWriter         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't normally have anything to post in these threads, but I've actually been working on a new Sci-Fi short story. Put down ~3500 words this week, and hopefully I'll get the first draft finished this weekend.

It's an idea that's been careening around in my skull for a while now as a novel, but I was inspired to write a different character's story in short story form using the setting. I'll be posting it in the short story section very soon.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.