Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Second Hook Challenge is up - In Medias Res

Author Topic: Second Hook Challenge is up - In Medias Res
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
The next challenge is up!

http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbwriters/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000225;p=0&r=nfx

We had a great turn-out last time. Join us!

[ March 29, 2013, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: genevive42 ]

Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

- posted      Profile for genevive42   Email genevive42         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Kathleen can fix my typo in the title?
Posts: 1993 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean, in medias res? Perhaps Kathleen can. And you are so kind to give us that as a hook. I think I'll take my time developing my 13 lines a little more this round.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

Dang, forget the 's' on all my posts. But I also mis-typed 'Challenge'. I'll fix the ones I can. Thanks for catching that. Long day at work.

Glad you like the challenge.

genevive42
Member # 8714

Okay, just discovered that I can edit my own titles. Don't know when that change happened, but great.
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
It happened when we were updated to this version of the forum. Glad you were able to find out about it, genevive42.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

I know this was a big weekend, Easter and the deadline for WotF, so I'm not surprised there hasn't been much discussion. But I hope you're planning to drop me an entry or two or three this week. Some intrepid Hatrackers already have. I look forward to seeing yours.
genevive42
Member # 8714

First entries are posted. The competition is already hot. Let's see what you've got.

http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbwriters/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000226;p=0&r=nfx

genevive42
Member # 8714

I'm going to post more entries tonight. Wouldn't it be awesome if yours was amongst them?
genevive42
Member # 8714

As promised, more entries posted. The competition is really strong in this one. We've got some great stuff going on.

Check it out.

http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/ubbwriters/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000226;p=0&r=nfx

genevive42
Member # 8714

There's been a little confusion so I will clarify. You have until midnight Sunday (PST) to get your entries in. That's the whole weekend. And for those on the East Coast, it's into some very indecent wee hours of the morning. Not sure what it means for our Brits and Aussies and those at other points across the globe, but if it's in my inbox before I go to sleep Sunday night, I will include it.

And remember, you can enter up to three times. That's lots of room to experiment.

Note, the clock on this forum seems to be on EST.

genevive42
Member # 8714

Wow! Thirty-one entries. Awesome everyone! Thanks for entering.

Now to business:

All entries are up. The challenge is now closed and it's time to vote.

Send all votes to me.

Also, critiques help with this learning experience and are greatly appreciated. Those come to me as well.

Even if you didn't enter, you can critique if you want. Send to me and I'll include your comments.

And because of the large number of entries, I'll say that it's okay if you don't critique every entry. I'll include any and all comments I receive.

genevive42
Member # 8714

A quick reminder to vote.

And please crit if you can. That way the challenge is a benefit to everyone.

genevive42
Member # 8714

I've received some votes, but my Inbox is feeling kind of lonely. Hopefully I'll be getting the rest over the weekend - right?

There is no clear leader at this time, but the comments coming in are great.

Oh, and after you vote, don't forget to do your taxes. [Wink]

pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get mine?
Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

I did.
pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you do my taxes too? [Smile]
Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

Haven't done mine yet. Don't think I'm your best choice of pseudo-accountants. [Wink]
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, I'll send mine in B4 your time Saturday (my time Sunday). Had heaps of other things on my mind. A new story that's suddenly looking like a trilogy.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

Voting is open until I get home from work Monday night. That's 7pm Los Angeles time. And then there's dinner and a little feet up time, so probably 8pm. Once I sit down at my computer though, that's it. strictly then, unless of course your e-mail comes in while I'm still compiling notes, then I'll add it. But that's absolutely IT. Well, then there's the few minutes I might play with the mice but after that I swear to you, that's it. No more loosey goosey timing. I'm serious. I'll have the votes counted and the crits posted before I get in my jammies and lay my head down Monday night. Well, unless it's a tough day at work and I fall asleep in front of the computer and drool all over the keyboard, and then I have to clean it all up and take the hair dryer to the keys, then it might get posted a little later, or even Tuesday morning - but that's the absolute latest.

Unless...
(feel free to finish the next statement)

genevive42
Member # 8714

Waiting for four more people to vote. I'm sure I'll see them soon enough.
KellyTharp
Member # 9997

- posted      Profile for KellyTharp   Email KellyTharp         Edit/Delete Post 
Aliens come and land on top of my house, disabling my internet acess and they won't move, even after I have the police ticket them for illigal parking.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KellyTharp
Member # 9997

- posted      Profile for KellyTharp   Email KellyTharp         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, bad spelling. Typing one handed as sick kittie clinging to shoulder.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genevive42
Member # 8714

One more voter.
genevive42
Member # 8714

My mistake, two voters remain.
genevive42
Member # 8714

There's currently a three-way tie for second.
genevive42
Member # 8714

Voting is closed - the results are in and comments are posted.

Congrats to the winners!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.