Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » September 29, 2014 Did You Write?

Author Topic: September 29, 2014 Did You Write?
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
It is that time of the week, this is the place to brag about accomplishments or cry about failures.

As to what is writing, It can be anything. New writing, editing, research, blogging, board writing, even E-mails can be writing if they are wordy and pertain to story or writing. The basic rule is, if you think it is writing, it is.

As for me, I did do a blog post, but otherwise, I was very sick and staring at a screen was as close to writing as I could get.

I have a couple dozen stories to write based on the character in my recently published FINDING WAXY, and I have two stories that need work. One had been sent to the publisher and the corrections, more like rewriting, is daunting.

I learned long ago that I can accumulate spare time, I could get things done during previous days and finally get a block of free time for writing. My problem is that I am not catching up. It does not look like spare time will show up for quite a while.

AS to the question of the day,

No, I did not write.

DID YOU WRITE?

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
A fair piece of start for a project long in the plan and development stage. A three-dimensional model created through an animation software helped visualize the settings. The prose is too strong at present, though I know how to soften the force and add further clarification: enhance event, setting, and character development, smoother transitions, and less rush. The gist is how I want, suitable for a rough draft.
Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I did. Mostly on the first draft of BEYOND THE PROPHECY (Book 3 in the DUAL MAGICS series). Starting to build momentum just in time to stop and work on revisions to Book 2. [Razz]

Also finished up one crit and wrote two blog posts.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of days of mean and difficult writing...but it was, basically, the climax of my longish story, and all that's left are a couple of scenes of wrap-up---which I should be able to get to fairly fast because I started a three-week vacation yesterday. (Plus finishing a couple of odds and ends on other stuff in my files, maybe starting revision work on said longish story, and maybe starting something new if I can think of something.)
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I edit? Yes I did and there is a lot more to go.
Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reziac
Member # 9345

- posted      Profile for Reziac   Email Reziac         Edit/Delete Post 
I wrote about four lines of skeletal dialog.

Still, it's better than the nothing at all I already had for that swath of Book 6 that's been giving me fits trying to get it reconstructed...

Posts: 782 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but not as much as I would've liked.

I got involved with helping my parents prepare a house for sale, which ate up a couple days, and while I was trying to get back into the swing of things I promised my mom I'd help her get her book formatted and published on Amazon Kindle since I know how it's done. On the plus side I'm learning a bit about including pictures, which will probably come in useful at some point.

I consider myself on the home stretch with my current book, Veiled Trove, with effectively 145 pages done and another 55 or so to do. Once it's complete the revisions should go quickly, at which point I can start worrying about publishing and promotions.

So yes, I did write, and if not as much as I would've liked I can still be satisfied with what I've accomplished.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep I did.

By hand at work, worked on a story with the MC from my Indie novel. Plus another one.

Worked on my WotF Q4 tale. That meant rewriting some sentences and adding some new ones.

No blog posts but posts here, on the WotF forum, Goodreads and Google+.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if you'd call it writing, but yeas. I have the opening scene of one of my novels firmly in mind but I'm struggling with the opening couple of sentences.

I know what I want to say, but how to say it, with all its loaded meaning, is proving difficult to formulate. I guess I'll just have to wait for a blinding epiphany.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.