Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » 2017 13-lines Showcase

Author Topic: 2017 13-lines Showcase
Scot
Member # 10427

- posted      Profile for Scot   Email Scot         Edit/Delete Post 
Since show > tell is an accepted axiom, and since there's some great talent around these parts, and since 13-lines is short and easy (ha!):

You are invited to contribute an example of 13-lines that you would find an engaging story-start. Of course, this will be quite idiosyncratic, since we're all interested in different kinds of stories and storytelling.

No awards, rankings, or analysis will be needed as this showcase is for demonstration purposes, unless you want to pursue a conversation off-line, of course.

When I get a little more time, I'll toss in a clay tile to open the way for jade, ivory, and gold to come later. Or if you're game, feel free to make the first splash.

Thanks to all participants!

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jun 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
This should be in the Writing Challenges area.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I could see what you were going for here, Scot, but writing 13 lines without a prompt is hard. With that in mind, I ended up making a new 13-line challenge (Inspired by Music). I encourage you to join--in fact, I encourage everyone to join, because these kinds of challenges tend to be fun and interesting.
Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.