Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » did you write -- mid year? 2018

Author Topic: did you write -- mid year? 2018
rstegman
Member # 3233

- posted      Profile for rstegman   Email rstegman         Edit/Delete Post 
The question is, did you write. It could be blog posts, novel writing, editing, BB posts and even E-mails if they pertain to writing.

As for me. I have to say, almost no. I have a relative who is not doing well. I am spending time with the caretaker for moral support and anything else I can do.
the time I spend there eliminates any writing time I could have had. I have made some blog posts but because the place I do my woodworking is not set up for use due to finding rusting supports when we got ready for the hurricane last year, I have nearly nothing to talk about on blog posts. My co-writer sent off some of my stories in a book to the publisher. (she was once an editor so she had an "in." I have no idea when they will be printed. the publisher tends to take in more than they can publish in a year.

I have a story I wrote out a while back, and showed to my writing partner for comment on the concepts. I have looked at that twice this year and only one session each time, mostly light editing.The second half of the story needs a complete rewrite and all sorts of details to fill in.

This year does not look like it is going to be a writing year. I have no idea when time to write will show up.

I learned long ago, that I would get home, do stuff around the house and slowly accumulate time so that I could write seriously at the end of the week. That time is not showing up. I am falling farther behind.

so the question of the year of DID YOU WRITE?
I have to say NO.

Posts: 1008 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. I finished and published one novel and am about at the half-way point on the sequel. Not to mention blog posts, etc.

Sorry life is keeping you from writing.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
Daily, nightly, and ever so tightly I wrote and learned much thus far this year! The 2018 resolution is on track, too.

Several appreciable advances made for lathe and other woodcraft and ceramic arts: shopmade steady rest for larger and longer wares, shopmade large face plate-chuck, shopmade Longworth chuck, spraygun finishes, wave, dot, and diamond decorative accent methods, several miter sleds fashioned, liquid inlay methods, long-due project commission nears delivery, medallion pottery castings for woodwork ware insets, screwtop lid fittings and cord O-ring seals for woodware canteen, jar, and urn lids and stoppers, and more. A tailstock jam chuck on the draft board, and more. Sandblast carved woodware accents approaches realization.

The writing and the woodwork resets and 2018 resolutions parallel each other's skills growth!

[ June 18, 2018, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: extrinsic ]

Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Been doing some all along, though nothing I'd send to market. The last month or so I've been playing from time to time with the Daz3d program, hoping to bring some things to pictoral life---though it's a slow learning curve and I'm still trying to bend the figures without it looking like I'm torturing them.

I retired almost a year ago---that did not mean I had more spare time to write. Other things occupy my time instead.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
For the year so far. Yeah.

Possibly 15 short stories and more mini stories, Including some in different genres. Revised two novels, worked on another two. Revised most of those stories. Did a couple of blog posts

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.