Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Books » "The Welded Link" - LDS fiction, romance SUMMARY

Author Topic: "The Welded Link" - LDS fiction, romance SUMMARY
chalkdustfairy
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for chalkdustfairy   Email chalkdustfairy         Edit/Delete Post 
I've come up with this summary for my book, "The Welded Link" and would appreciate feedback. Thanks!

Miss Castle is changing course in her life in order to avoid entrapment in the dreaded T.O.M.B.S. - otherwise known as The Old Maid Boredom Society. With her "List" of hopes and dreams for her life to guide her, she begins a new life and a new job teaching first grade in Astoria, Oregon. Forced to operate outside her comfort zone at nearly every turn, she soon discovers things about herself that she never knew before.

Captain Brynjar Erikson's life is literally turned upside down when a rogue wave hits his fishing boat. And try as he might, it will never be the same again. A near-death encounter with a long deceased great grandmother propels him on a crazy quest to recover the woman's journals and into an unlikely friendship with a peculiar school teacher.

She is looking to find herself. He is just looking to find Edda's journals as quickly as possible and get the old woman off his conscience. Neither of them gets exactly what they are looking for, yet so much more than either of them bargained for as their worlds collide to form "The Welded Link".

[This message has been edited by chalkdustfairy (edited July 24, 2010).]

[This message has been edited by chalkdustfairy (edited July 24, 2010).]

Posts: 42 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmiraDay
Member # 9154

- posted      Profile for AmiraDay   Email AmiraDay         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I think it's actually pretty great, I would want to read that! The only critique I can give is that the final paragraph isn't very clear, but otherwise it's definetly a book I would pick up at the store!
Posts: 24 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.