Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » The Race - Standings (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Race - Standings
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong with that Crank. If you don't mind chiming in each week with an update though. Let us know when you get rejections or even better, sales! Keeping those stories on the market is as big a part of this as anything.

Good luck with the novel and get it finished so you can send out a query. That's worth 3pts!

Anthony

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still holding at 2. Same ones. I have another short that is nearly ready to go so I expect that to move to 3 this upcoming week.
Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still at 2 points. I may not work on new short stories until I finish a couple more chapters of Odal's Story. My last out-of-state guest for the month goes home tomorrow, and I will try to catch up with my goals before my dad and whoever else visits in November.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the late report.

One rejection this week, from Weird Tales
No sales
No submissions

Ridiculously quiet, for someone with as many stories out as me!

Race total - 19

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
2 came back last week, sent 1 back out.
Race total: 16

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

My boss sent me home two and a half hours early today as a thanx for the extra hours I worked this week. I came home to four surprised kids, two hyperactive dogs, and a rejection slip. I was in such a good mood, I headed to my PC and submitted that same story right back out again.

Two more points for me. Picking up speed...

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

Go Crank!!

I am still holding at 2. Had a hard-disk crash this week. Luckily I was backed up but it ate up time. 8(

Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
********************************** Stats Updated **********************************
********************************** Oct 18, 2008 **********************************

No reports this week from the following people.

- Brad R. Torgersen
- KayTi
- Zero

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

- posted      Profile for tchernabyelo   Email tchernabyelo         Edit/Delete Post 
One day I'll get back to using the internet at weekends so I can post before not after the deadline...

One more rejection for me last week - from Fantasy Magazine. No subs. Race score 18.

Posts: 1469 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

1 came back. Sent 2 out.

Race total: 17

Wait, just sent out another.

Race total: 18

[This message has been edited by TheOnceandFutureMe (edited October 24, 2008).]

tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

Also rejection this week from Beneath Ceaseless Skies (to which I have subbed a new story) and Fictitious Force. Add the sale to EDF and I am left with a paltry 16. Hopefully I'll get some subs back out next week.
LAJD
Member # 8070

Still holding at 2. I may have something to send out next week though.

Leslie

aspirit
Member # 7974

I received a form rejection of Gregg yesterday, so I'm at one point. I'll send Gregg back out tomorrow and complete another short sometime next week.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

********************************** Stats Updated **********************************
********************************** Oct 27, 2008 **********************************

Sorry for the delayed update. Had a busy day yesterday. Got a reject on Monday and resent it out. Then got another reject on Saturday. It will be resent this week, hopefully with some new stories. Have 3 brewin.

Anthony

Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
Now up to 12.

Good way to end October.

Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

I'm still at the bottom, with one point for a contest submission.

I'm waiting for comments on a revision to Gregg (which is a page longer after I filled in horrendous gaps I'm wondering why no one else noticed) before submitting it to another magazine. I decided I don't like the short story I started a week or so ago, so that didn't go out. (Seriously, who wants to read about a fairy who gives hope to an emotionally abused child?)

I'm wondering whether short stories damage my confidence. They distract from my novels, which are making slow progress, and I don’t even read them as often as novels. Ohhh, well. I'm supposed to be focusing on NaNoWriMo...

AWSullivan
Member # 8059

aspirit, don't you worry about it. Your efforts on your novel will count for 3 points when you sent out the query package. Writing shorts might frustrate you but they help you learn to write a complete story.

I started writing a novel before I'd ever written a short. I got 30k words into it only to realize I had no idea where it was going. Short help you learn to see the whole story.

I'm down to 5 thanks to a 1 day turn around over at Clarkesworld.

Way to go Brad on getting to double figures! I'd like to be at 15 by New Years. Time for the big end of year push.

~Anthony

TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

I've been off the map because I left my flash drive with my excel file of where my stories are in another city. I've got it back now.

If I have one story at two places, is that two points? If it is, I have 18 points. If it's not, I have 16 points.

*edit*

Make that 19, or 17.

[This message has been edited by TheOnceandFutureMe (edited November 03, 2008).]

AWSullivan
Member # 8059

Double subs only count as one point. So we're putting you down as 17 then?

Glad you got your mojo (USB Drive) back.

~Anthony

TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

I'm at 16.
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

*********************************** Nov 9, 2008 ***********************************

I remain at an abysmal 5pts after peaking at 7. I have two stories that need sent out, and at least 3 stories that could be finished this week. Time to buck up and get into double figures.

~Anthony

tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

Sorry for not havign updated my figures. Busy.

I think I'm down to 13 at the moment, after a few rejections coming in, but I've earmarked five or six stories to go back out at some point this week so I'll try and get back at least close to the 20.

Intercontinental move in two weeks, now, and hopefully as I settle in I'll be back to writing again.

Crank
Member # 7354

I sent out an email query this morning to an agent for my young adult novel, "Metzgerhund Empire".

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

So thats 3 points. Any shorts out?

Anthony

Crank
Member # 7354

quote:

Any shorts out?

Not including one I resubmitted a few weeks ago, I've not touched my short stories in nearly two months. I've currently got three out.

I've got one that's 9/10th done (give or take how many times I can mess it up by over-tweeking it), and its sequel-of-sorts that's about halfway done, that are on my ToDo list once I complete my novel-in-progress.

S!
S!...C!

tchernabyelo
Member # 2651

OK, did indeed manage to sub 6 stories yesterday and today, so I've clawed back to 19 for the moment...
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

quote:
Not including one I resubmitted a few weeks ago, I've not touched my short stories in nearly two months. I've currently got three out.

I've got one that's 9/10th done (give or take how many times I can mess it up by over-tweeking it), and its sequel-of-sorts that's about halfway done, that are on my ToDo list once I complete my novel-in-progress.

6 points it is then.

Anthony

TheOnceandFutureMe
unregistered

Some in, some out. I'm at 15.
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

*********************************** Nov 17, 2008 ***********************************

I remain at 5pts.

~Anthony

Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

*********************************** Nov 24, 2008 ***********************************

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.