Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG for 2/13 - 2/19

Author Topic: NSG for 2/13 - 2/19
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everybody. We've been adding new members every week, huh?

Well, I've been holding a steady average of about a 250 - 500 words a day. A failure to my goal, but, atleast I'm progressing. Besides, I'm outlining and researching a couple of other projects, too. (It looks like I'll be working on 3 or 4 novels this year.) I did succeed in finishing Deb's art--which takes a load off of my mind.

Week's Goals: Finish the chapter I'm working on. Get more depth into my next collaborative outline, and start outlining my next Historical Fiction.

How'd everyone else do?

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've written almost 3000 words in the last couple of days. A new chapter for the new character. Woo Hoo! It's moving again!
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
When it flows, it flows.

[This message has been edited by Meredith (edited February 13, 2009).]

[This message has been edited by Meredith (edited February 13, 2009).]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't feel good about this week's work, though I did finish the short story for IB's contest. I'm glad about that since I found the story a struggle and am still not completely happy with it. I did do my goals though. I got through my crits, finished the short story and did some work on my story so it's not all bad.

Next week I'm hoping to be much better. My baby's not sick anymore so I'm getting sleep at night, which makes writing in the evening easier.

Goals: work each night on my novel, either on revising or new material. Get through crits and tidy up the other short fiction piece for talespinner's contest.

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
3-4 novels this year? Holy #@R#! You're a beast IB.
Good job, Meredith. I need to get to where you're at.
Satate...we all have rough patches. Rest up, start out strong next week.

Me, I finished the 2nd draft of my prologue last week (2,988 words, down from 3,452).

My Goals for this week is to start on a detailed outline for the rest of the book (the prologue didn't really need an outline because what needed to happen was SO clear in my head it was like watching a movie). I Want to finish the character, and scene sketches by the end of the week.

Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for BoredCrow   Email BoredCrow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy with how my WOTF story is progressing; I spent most of the week on that. And I'll do a bit more on it this week as I start sending it out to critiquers.

This weekend, I know I have to write my story for IB's challenge. I have a general sense of what I'm going to do, but hopefully the weather will be non-freezing enough for me tomorrow that I can go out and take a walk and think it through.

As for Graveyard, I've got chapter nine almost done, and ten is starting to look pretty solid. I've currently got the novel planned out as seventeen chapters, with the latter half having much, much longer chapters than the first. So, once I'm done with the challenges stories and my WOTF entry, I want to get back to working on Graveyard full time so that I can finish it. (!)

Wish me lots of persistance and inspiration particles, everyone....

Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I have gotten myself buriied beneath a pile of crits, and a busy weekend. I will be able to get back on track monday, but I do have to cater for "Extreme Makeover" which will be in my town next week.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, Scott.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for writing!

6000 words this week. Not where I entended them to be, but at least I'm back in the flow.

I got sidetracked on a new project. New genre, new idea, hopefully new and improved story telling. We'll see.

I'm having fun, which is the most important thing.

Hope you guys are too.
~Sheena

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
6000 words!!! Dang...what did you do, quit your job???
Seriously though...THAT-IS-AWESOME!

Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
The impressive thing is that that is in two days, and in three hours.(lump sum)

I've been wanting to write this one for a while, so there was no bumping my head against my computer searching for the right word. I kind of knew what I was going to say, so the point was to just type it up as quick as I could.

All my newbie writing, though it was unpublishable and embarassing, at the very least helped me become a faster typer.

That's a marketable skill.

~Sheena

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been so discouraged by my lack of writing that I haven't even wanted to post this week, but early, early, early this morning I got up with my son and couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and started typing and lo and behold I have a rough draft for TaleSpinner's Sudden Fiction contest. No idea if it makes any sense--I'm in that sort of swimming through water state a sleep deprived writer can get in where everything seems perfect.

I'm the kind of woman who needs long periods of utter silence to be able to write, and utter silence is a very rare commodity lately. On the plus side, I can edit with a low roar in the background, so there is hope for me!
Melanie

About my novel, ahem. Not a change since my last oh-so-excited post. It's there in my head, but it won't come out until sometime next week--when the kids are back in school.

[This message has been edited by Unwritten (edited February 18, 2009).]

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

The Universe apparently decided it would be funny to distract me with non-writing-related issues. Consequently, I didn't exactly complete all of my goals for last week.

Here's to resetting for this week...

1) Finish reworking my YA cover letter and send it out!

2) Finish the crits I've started

3) new novel: finish my character sketches and tighten the story's plotline

4) continue with my SF reading and research

That should do it for now.

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.