Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG 2/20-2/26

Author Topic: NSG 2/20-2/26
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe it's Friday already. Every week flies by and I always wish I could have gotten in more writing.

I did much better this week. I think I added to my novel every night. I can't remember, but I do remember several days of good writing. Last night I got in 600 words and since I aim for 500 I was happy. I also got through lots of crits. I'm on a roll.

My goal for this week is to keep it up. My base goal is to work on my WIP a little each day and my high goal is to add 500 words every day. I need a range for bad days and good days.

How did everyone else fare this week?

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've done pretty well. I added two new chapters and some other new material to Book Two--The Ignored Prophecy. I'm finally happy with where this book is going. It's about time! I'm a couple of chapters away from finishing this go-through. Then I'm going to let it sit for a while and actually start book three (still untitled).

I know Book Two is going to need some serious work after all of the changes its been put through. But this time I think I've got the timeline and the conflict worked out. And a really fun villain this time, too.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I had an unexpected out-of-state jaunt, but, I have managed to have one night where I flashed out ten pages.

New Goal: Keep the nine to ten pages steady (yeah, right).

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
I did pretty good this week. I'm on chapter four now for my new project. Added four thousand words, so I am now at ten thousand words for novel one, title withheld,(CTD go ahead and guess if you want) and 63,000 words yet still unfinished, for Dragon Fate.

I worked in a few hundred words for Dragon Fate.

It's so much easier to write the first ten thousand, then it is to write the last. Beginnings are fun. Finding an ending feels like work.

~Sheena

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Chasing the Dragon?
Chewing the Dead?
Cussing the Dog?
Cursing that Dagwood?
Cruising the Docks?
Crafting the Dagger?
Currently Teaching Dingos?
Cult: the Documentary?
Cramped to Death?
Carving Tired Desperados?
Captain Tully's Doritos?

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
Carl the Demented
Cats that Dance
Craving the Dance
Crafting the Dagger
Chasing the Dream
Carving the Donut
Creating the Diamond
Counting the Dragons
Culling the Dogs
Crying Tapping Deer
Capering Tiny Dalmations
Carrying the Dunce

Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for BoredCrow   Email BoredCrow         Edit/Delete Post 
"Crustaceans Take Dancing"?

I swear, every time I come up with a happy solution to my plot problems, a whole new issue comes up. Though actually, my problems tonight have more to do with characters that don't seem to want to interact with each other.

I think I got about 5000 words this week. Hopefully I can get my problems worked out tonight so that I can really make good progress toward finishing this.

Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
"Critiquing The Dinosaurs"

My six year old and I brainstormed ideas for IB's 'P of the D' on a napkin and it's still taped to her bedroom wall. It really tickled her fancy.

The kids are going back to school after a week's vacation (barring any major storms like the one that just started) and I have such glorious plans to get back to my writing/critiquing life.

My goals: Finish my Sudden Fiction entry, catch up on a couple of crits, finish putting my novel in order and begin writing the scenes that haven't been written yet.

Melanie

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. Currently Teaching Dingos, brilliant!

Most of those titles are better than the one I have.
One hint. the t is a the, and there are no dragons.

It's not fantasy, or spec fiction, or scifi. So what am I doing here, then?

Okay, so that was three hints.

~Sheena

[This message has been edited by shimiqua (edited February 23, 2009).]

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

We just had a week off from school and today is a snow day, so to keep the kids from killing each other, we've been brainstorming. Here are a few of their guesses:

Columbus the Destroyer
Catapulting the Drier
Casper the Dead
Calling the Demons
Calling the Dementors
Catigorizing the Demonic
Catch the Disease

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

Duh, I should have figured this out earlier...

Crank the Decibels

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christian
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for Christian   Email Christian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...technically I've written. I've jotted down knots for some plot points and new character direction, but no 10,000 words like some, or even 600 like others.
Posts: 135 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unwritten
Member # 7960

If you don't mind my asking...
What is
quote:
S!
S!...C!

It's driven me crazy for months. I always think "Santa! Santa Claus!" but I doubt that's what you mean.
Melanie

Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 

My sig is different, depending on where I'm at. Here, I've chosen:

Success!
Steve!...aka Crank!

The 'success' part was a no-brainer, 'cuz I wish it for everyone here...except when your book sales interfere with mine. Contrary to popular belief, 'crank' is a reference to which direction the volumn knob goes when I play my music, not to drugs. I started out at the dawn of the Internet bulletin board era using Dr. Crankenstein, but my music board friends shortened it for me...plus, it saves me on typing.

Glad to know I'm still driving people crazy.

S!
S!...C!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.