next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG 9/30 - 10/6

Author Topic: NSG 9/30 - 10/6
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess William is busy again.

quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group (NSG). Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

• What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
  • Describe what you worked on.
  • Set goals for next week.
  • Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

• Writing on a novel
  • Characterization
  • World Building
  • Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

Next Week's Goals:

MAGIC'S FOOL (Working Title): Finish Chapter 3.
Yep. Finally. I'm actually about 3 pages into Chapter 4.

MAGE STORM: Start making some revisions to chapters 2 and 3.
Nope. Not yet.

SEVEN STARS: Incorporate the critiques I've received.
Yes.

BLOOD WILL TELL: Send out two more queries.
Nope. Totally forgot.

BLOOD IS THICKER: Write Chapter 4.
Yes. I'm actually ready to start Chapter 6.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes.

Next Week's Goals:

On the Shelf:
THE IGNORED PROPHECY
DREAMER'S ROSE

MAGIC'S FOOL (Working Title):
Finish Chapter 4. At least start Chapter 5.

MAGE STORM:
Start making some revisions to chapters 2 and 3. Really.

SEVEN STARS:
I expect one or two more late critiques. Incorporate them, make a couple of other changes, and then shut it down for a few months.

BLOOD WILL TELL:
Send out two more queries.

BLOOD IS THICKER:
Write Chapters 6 and 7.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmilyS
Member # 9447

- posted      Profile for EmilyS   Email EmilyS         Edit/Delete Post 
I met and exceeded my goals. I finished revising all of Aydin's scenes and started in on Vedran's (the last major POV character). I've also been steadily chipping away at my word count, and it dropped below 117k this week. (New goal: forget 120k, I'm aiming for 115k).

My overall goal now is to finish revising by the end of October. So for next week, I want to revise at least 5 scenes.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. I totally forgot, sorry. I launched a new project at work on Thursday and my wife and I took the day off on Friday to get a way. In any case, pretty much the same old story for me though. Still reading for fun, but I have been doing a little (very little) outlining on one of my novels. So, I guess I could say I did some writing this week. Sort of.

-- William

Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I worked on New Mage a bit and I was able to work on Angel Kin a bit more.

With Angel Kin my MC has just come across a demon that escaped it's prison, someone was holding it in. She will have to fight the demon. Even though she knows about them, she has never seen one much less fought a demon. It's good the demon isn't the most powerful.

Still having problems finishing New Mage mostly because I don't get to it. But I skipped a two or three nights of work on it when I had I had to decide on what idea to use in a certain scene. I decided on my original idea.

But a discussion on another thread made me want to work on my Mage PI novel. I started it more just for something to do but I want a story with that type of hero.

[This message has been edited by LDWriter2 (edited October 03, 2011).]

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.