next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG 9/28 - 10/4

Author Topic: NSG 9/28 - 10/4
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'll kick off again this week.

quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group (NSG). Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me:

Last Week's Goals:

FIRE AND EARTH (formerly known as SEVEN STARS): Send out three queries.
Yes. [Smile]

BLOOD WILL TELL: Read some more about marketing.
Eh. I'm going to have to force myself to schedule some time for this. [Frown]

BLOOD IS THICKER: Let it rest.
Easy one. [Smile]

THE BARD'S GIFT: Let it rest.
Another easy one. [Smile]

MAGE STORM: Revise three chapters -- chapters 7, 8, 9
Nope. Finished the complete revision last night. [Big Grin]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

FIRE AND EARTH (formerly known as SEVEN STARS):
Send out three queries.

BLOOD WILL TELL:
Read some more about marketing.

BLOOD IS THICKER:
Time to start on the revisions for this one. Let's say five chapters for this week.

THE BARD'S GIFT:
Let it rest.

MAGE STORM:
Get some reader feedback.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Goals from last week:

START ON BRULL NOVEL:
6,000 words into it

CONVERT PANIX INTO HARDCOPY FORMAT
Complete

INVESTIGATE PUBLISHING LLC
Conducted Research

Goals for this week:

FINISH DAUGHTER BEREAVED PROOF & PUBLISH

FINISH PANIX PROOF & PUBLISH

WRITE ANOTHER 6,000 WORDS IN BRULL
Need Definitive Character Arcs for two principal characters

WRITE UP PUBLISHING LLC PAPERWORK

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizluka
Member # 9916

- posted      Profile for lizluka   Email lizluka         Edit/Delete Post 
Last week's goals:

Finish the first revision of the novel rough draft, make a detailed list of what needs to be done for the second go-round: About two-thirds finished.

This week's goals:

Finish the first revision and make a detailed list of what needs to be done for the second go-round. Start on that list.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Have done some work on my two WIPs. Finally got them both out of their fights. Not sure where to go next with Kin though. She's talking to her stalker and will meet with her new "friends". Maybe it's time for them to tell her their theory on her abilities.

But I discovered the other day I need the same thing for Stone.

My goals are to keep writing and to get some crits back for my Two Struggles....as if that was a goal I have control over. The way things are going I may need one or two new readers.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been forgetting to do my quarterly submission report. It's a little depressing right now, but I'm still going to do it.

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE--24 queries, thankfully no requests, in desperate need of a rewrite (which might happen next year).

BLOOD WILL TELL--48 queries, 2 requests for partial, 2 requests for the full ms. All ultimately rejected. E-published earlier this year. Here.
(I really need to redo the cover one of these days.)

MAGE STORM--68 queries, 1 request for a partial, 2 requests for the full ms. All ultimately rejected. Currently in revision before going out for another try.

FIRE AND EARTH--68 queries so far, 3 requests for a partial, 1 request for the full ms (all of which were ultimately rejected). 28 of those queries are still out, although some of them are old enough I probably should assume "No reply means no." Still querying.

Short stories--42 submissions of six stories, all rejected. E-published one, "Heart of Oak", earlier this year. I'll probably e-publish another, "Becoming Lioness" in a month or so. And a third just might turn up on my blog around December 21st.

Well, that's the way it stands right now.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmsf
Member # 9905

- posted      Profile for kmsf   Email kmsf         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'll give it a go, especially since I've realllllly slacked. I believe I have read too much about writing and tried to force my normal process into some sort of composite mould. Nope. Doesn't work for me.

These are all goals for next week since the last few were a bust.

1. Do it the way I was doing it when it flowed, when I was tapped in.

2. See 1.

3. UBIQUITY - Review written scenes, then sift "idea bucket" pages, and dive in where lead character is.

4. Write a lot.

5. See 4.

6. Finish one of the two novels I am reading.

There we go [Smile]

Posts: 130 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.