Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » WOTF Critique Group--Q1 2015

Author Topic: WOTF Critique Group--Q1 2015
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless I was blind to any other Q1 groups here, looks like I'm the only one planning to enter Q1 for V 32. Dated '15 even though it's still '14. But that is the way they work it.

So I'm working on a different story I hope has some originality in the MC. How my MC changes thought might be more cliche-ish but that can work to from stories I've read in V30.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on one I think is very original. Some pretty mind-bending stuff, if I can toot my own horn. We'll see if I can tame it.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk Hairychest
Member # 10105

- posted      Profile for Dirk Hairychest   Email Dirk Hairychest         Edit/Delete Post 
I am really missing the WriterDan format in this forum. I thrived on his schedule and set of deadlines. I know this was discussed a couple of cycles back, but is anyone up for trying to get back on a schedule and sharing our drafts and critiques as a group again?
In any case, I would love to trade drafts with you LD and you willy when you are ready. I am still working on mine for Q1 and trying to go more sci-fi this time.

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I am still working on mine but very close to finishing. I hope less than a thousand words. 600, 700 maybe.

I would not mind trading with someone, but it could take another month to get it done and revised.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

I've got a second draft ready for readers. You gents ready for exchange?
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

wetwilly, or anyone else, I could use a crit if you still do.

I have one already but more than one would be helpful.

wetwilly
Member # 1818

I've already submitted, but I'll read yours.
RyanB
Member # 10008

- posted      Profile for RyanB   Email RyanB         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little late to the party here, but I'm up for a couple of crit swaps if anyone else is still game.
Posts: 222 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I would not mind one more crit, even though I think three will be it, and I have time to do one for you.
RyanB
Member # 10008

- posted      Profile for RyanB   Email RyanB         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. You can email yours when you're ready and I'll send mine shortly afterwards.
Posts: 222 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jed Anderson
Member # 9863

- posted      Profile for Jed Anderson   Email Jed Anderson         Edit/Delete Post 
Would anyone be willing to take a crack at mine? Could really use some feedback.
Posts: 90 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiley
Member # 9379

- posted      Profile for Smiley   Email Smiley         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, Jed, I'll take a crack at your work. Feedback is about all I can offer, if that's cool with you. I'll send you a short work of mine for fun. Let me know via email. [Smile]
Posts: 195 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smiley
Member # 9379

- posted      Profile for Smiley   Email Smiley         Edit/Delete Post 
If there are no objections, of course, I'd like to be a part of this crack team. Thanks.
Posts: 195 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will Blathe
Member # 10300

- posted      Profile for Will Blathe           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all. I didn't "get it together" in time to submit anything for Q1 2015 myself, but I want to know, did you all get anything in?

I ask because I'd like to get a sense of the process as it goes on, so that I can be at least a bit prepared for the next one.

(Maybe should start Q2 group... (Oh, but that would guilt me into actually entering))

Will

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

I did get one in. Stupidly, it's a story I'm allowing myself to have high hopes for.
Will Blathe
Member # 10300

- posted      Profile for Will Blathe           Edit/Delete Post 
wetwilly, hope's all we've got sometimes (:

I'm crossing my fingers for you at any rate.

Will

Posts: 155 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

Thanks, man!
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

quote:
Originally posted by wetwilly:
I did get one in. Stupidly, it's a story I'm allowing myself to have high hopes for.

Should have said this earlier, but I know the feeling.

There's room for you and us all to get in this time, I think.

Kent_A_Jones
Member # 10234

- posted      Profile for Kent_A_Jones   Email Kent_A_Jones         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew I had limited time last quarter to help or be helped so I didn't join. In the last three days before the deadline, I wrote three thousand words of a 4,600 word story. I'm with you, wetwilly.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
What is the deadline for this quarter? is the group still open?
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent_A_Jones
Member # 10234

- posted      Profile for Kent_A_Jones   Email Kent_A_Jones         Edit/Delete Post 
WotF Quarter 2 deadline is March 31st, midnight Pacific Standard Time.
Posts: 133 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Q1 is closing down. In other words rejections are going out.

I blew my story so got a total reject.

Kent_A_Jones
Member # 10234

I thought my story had a chance. Just made the first pass, guaranteeing an HM. Good luck to those who are still in.
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Raise your hand if you're still in for this quarter. (i.e. you received the "your story has been read and held e-mail.)

I'm thinking they'll get to sending out the HMs pretty soon!

(I missed this Q.)

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.