Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » WOTF Critique Group - Q4 2015

Author Topic: WOTF Critique Group - Q4 2015
RyanB
Member # 10008

- posted      Profile for RyanB   Email RyanB         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see a Q4 group yet, so here it is.

Post if you're interested in sharing crits or if you have anything to say about this quarter of the contest.

As for me, I missed Q3 which means I'm ahead on Q4 and should have time to do a few a swaps.

Posts: 222 | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan,

Mine's ready now. 6k Sci-Fi.

I'm down for a swap.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I am hesitant, but strongly tempted, to throw my hat into the ring. I am also down for story-swapping.

EDIT: Having read over the rules, I think 'Ravenous' might be considered too mature for the contest's target audience. I have another story in the works that will better fit the bill. It'll probably take me at least a solid month to get it in working order, though.

[ August 01, 2015, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Disgruntled Peony ]

Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's now 7k. (insert uh oh smiley here)

Hey, Peony. Recognize you from the WotF forums. Do not be hesitant. Throw that hat!

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I shall--the worst that can happen is it doesn't place. I'm starting to think the best practice will probably be to finish the latest batch of edits and get feedback from a few people who have participated in the contest about whether or not they think the story goes too far.

I intend to work on my other story idea regardless, but I was reading a few entries that placed previously in order to get a feeling for boundaries and one of them struck me as similar enough to my concept for the new story to worry me. Ahh well. The similarities are in theme more than detail, and the latter is where the devil lies.

[ August 11, 2015, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Disgruntled Peony ]

Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

If R------- is the title of your story, I recommend editing your post to remove it. The contest is all about anonymity.

Yeah, totally read the latest volumes, and check out the thread I made on the WotF forum showing where you can find non-winning finalists.

Axe

Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

Thanks for the tips!
telflonmail
Member # 9501

- posted      Profile for telflonmail   Email telflonmail         Edit/Delete Post 
Writers of the Future Volume 31 now available (for a short period of time) digitally for US$ .99 at Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Kobobooks.

Many past winners were also members of the Hatrack River Writers Workshop.

Posts: 116 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.