quote:Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).
What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them? Describe what you worked on. Set goals for next week. Did you learn something during this week?
Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).
Writing on a novel Characterization World Building Relevant research
As for me:
Last Week's Goals:
MAGE STORM: Think about the next step. Entered in a New Agent Contest. We'll see.
THE SHAMAN'S CURSE/THE VOICE OF PROPHECY: Nothing for this week. Easy one.
BEYOND THE PROPHECY: Continue revision with a goal of two chapters a day. That'll take me thru Chapter 22 if I make it. Hah! Beat that by a mile. Once I got through the tough spot that was holding me up. I'm now on Chapter 44.
MAGIC'S WARRIOR (temporary working title of DUAL MAGICS Book 4): On hold for the revisions to BEYOND THE PROPHECY. Still on hold.
Last Weeks goals, at the start of that week were:
1. Decide on and develop the three tests Prinn will have to face and how he fails each of them.
2. Work on Prinnís character.
3. Work on the Lurker concept. A really cool flying machine: a counterpoint and a indication of Prinnís possibilities at the same time.
Unfortunately for me I was seconded for some urban work which wasn't conducive for mind-wandering. So, no movement on points one and three. I did manage to more fully understand Prinn's character and got the inspiration for why he is a recluse, not the underlying reasons yet but what triggered the change. I also found some inspiration for his secret fantasy wish. You know, the, "I really wish I was like that." sort of fantasy wish.
While this was going to be my first foray into self-publishing the idea-monkeys running around the confines of my skull suddenly realised I may have just created another super-hero. So, if it all turns out well I may junk the idea of self-publishing a short-story and pitch it to Marvel.
Hello, my name is John. I'm a full time college student with dreams of one day publishing some books . I'm working on a series of fantasy books, I haven't come up with the series name yet, but I've finished the first draft of the first book, Kingdom of Ravens.
Last Week's Goals:
1. Delve into character background for second installment. A decent attempt, needs more fleshing out though.
2. Create a few sample scenes for the second installment, AS THE HEAVENS BURN. I like what I've written and it has definitely given me a better feel for the world I'm trying to create.
3. Work on outline for As the Heavens Burn. Probably haven't done enough of this one ):.
Goals for this week:
1. Continue editing chapters two and three of Kingdom of Ravens.
2. Start hacking away at the dialogue tags.
What I learned this week: I learned this week that I tend to contradict myself sometimes when I am describing settings in my books. Funny how you never notice these things until a someone else points them out .
Posts: 39 | Registered: Oct 2013
| IP: Logged |
Working on online serial novel, Alpha, at Jukepop.com.
Last week's goalS:
1. Write rough draft chapters 3 chapters ahead of what I'm posting. DONE.
2. Revise/polish chapter 6 and post it. DONE.
1. Write rough draft of chapter 10.
2. Revise/polish chapter 7 and post it.
3. Pick up 2 new readers. (I mean, you could help me with this one, but only if you're into kick-ass sci-fi novels. Sign up free at Jukepop.com, search for Alpha by David Williams, add to your bookshelf, and enjoy.)
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003
| IP: Logged |