Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 9/1 - 9/7

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 9/1 - 9/7
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me:

Last Week's Goals:

DUAL MAGICS SERIES (THE SHAMAN'S CURSE, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY, BEYOND THE PROPHECY,and WAR OF MAGIC): Nothing this week.
Easy one. [Smile]

Wide Distribution Project: Wait for Amazon to resolve its issue (turning the text red). Everything but the short stories/novella are done otherwise. Consider which of the shorts, if any, I want to publish beyond Amazon.
Still haven't heard back from them. Time for another email. Not that that will do any more good than the last five. I'll probably get the exact same response, in fact. [Frown]

BECOME: BROTHERS: Promote on social media.
Eh, not really. [Frown]

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING: Keep on writing.
Yes. [Smile]

MAGE STORM: Probably nothing this week.
Good call. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

DUAL MAGICS SERIES (THE SHAMAN'S CURSE, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY, BEYOND THE PROPHECY,and WAR OF MAGIC):
Nothing this week.

Wide Distribution Project:
Continue to wait for Amazon to resolve its issue (turning the text red). Everything but the short stories/novella are done otherwise. Consider which of the shorts, if any, I want to publish beyond Amazon.

BECOME: BROTHERS:
Promote on social media.

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING:
Keep on writing. I go back to work next week, so things will probably slow down, some, at that point.

MAGE STORM:
Probably nothing this week.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post 
Found several examples that are an exact match for the sensory stimulus and response descriptions I've sought for now going on several months investigation and study. Two issues with each, though -- low emotional magnitude and low accessibility to their metaphoric substance, their objective correlatives. They're like dog whistles, deeply accessible to esoteric in the know of the "coded" ephemera therein, only shallow, if at all, and low significance for those who are not in the know and not developed to an apt degree of access. Now time to sketch similar though more artful -- persuasive -- stronger and clearer emulations.

Also, a project under development at last surmounted a missing feature's identification. I knew what the feature's function is, only didn't have a ready type and focus for it, an extended and aptly accessible objective correlative, which turns an otherwise And-and-and narrative into a fully realized and unified drama. Got it!

Posts: 6037 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Shakes head-I missed last week again. Thought I had done it,

anyway The Courier is still in the same spot hopefully the cover will soon be worked on but the proof reader is still in doubt.

Almost done with the revision of Journey. Adding a bunch and making it more exciting suspenseful and readable-I hope, I hope and I hope. It has slowed since I need to get an older story redone for a certain contest. I am completely redoing the opening even though I think the rest of it won't need much work.

No other novels worked on.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I've finished my outline and started writing my first Sanguine novel. I'm not going anywhere fast at the moment (about 500 words a day, and only 3 days of work in), but I should be able to manage that pace without issue even if I take on other projects, which I like. I think my goal is simply going to be to write 500 words a day, at least 5 days a week, until I have something approximating a rough draft. [Smile] I may end up making faster progress, but that would just be icing on the cake. (Not stopping in the middle, with this one. Failure is no longer an option.)
Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.