Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Bean or Ender? (again....)

Author Topic: Bean or Ender? (again....)
dreadlord
Member # 2913

- posted      Profile for dreadlord   Email dreadlord         Edit/Delete Post 
never really saw what happend to the last subject, so fill me in while continuing the debate whith the people they killed!

who killed more DANGEROUS people? I mean, sure, Bean only killed one guy, (that we know of), but wasnt Achilles just as dangerous as Bonito de Madrid? I guess the question is, WHO DO YOU THINK DID A BETTER JOB, given the resources and upbringing that they did?

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt Lust
Member # 3031

- posted      Profile for Matt Lust   Email Matt Lust         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Question

But i do want a slight caveat before answering:
the better kill or the most important kill?

to the first part I find them to be more or less even.

But to the second part I think Ender's kill(s) have been more important to his development as a character because without the stillson death or the bonzo death (though to a lesser) degree he never would have been given the commmand of the fleet. I find this to be especially true as they seemed to be really wanting that "killer"
attitude, though this was really only explained in ES.

Best,
Matt

Posts: 514 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x__sockeh__x
Member # 3069

- posted      Profile for x__sockeh__x   Email x__sockeh__x         Edit/Delete Post 
IMO - The more dangerous opponent was Achilles.
{{SPOILER}}
I mean, he kidnapped Bean and Petra's children. Even though they were still embryos, they were people.
Also, Bean shot Achilles through the eye, if I remember correctly (I may be completely off though). And that seems so smooth and...yeah. But Ender just totally beat the guts out of Bonzo...
I'd say how they did it was even. But Bean definitely killed the more dangerous enemy.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.