Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Need help with the opening paragraph

Author Topic: Need help with the opening paragraph
Doublehex
Member # 3433

- posted      Profile for Doublehex   Email Doublehex         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was February Seventeenth, and the year After Colony 075. Thousands of miles beneath the Pacific Ocean, one of Advent’s great submarines, mobile battle fronts, and platforms of Mobile Suits operations, the Colčre de Sept, sped above the expansive miles of undersea mountains and caverns. The Captain of the fine vessel, Anthony Teratova, sat in the submarine’s cafeteria, sipping quietly on some chicken soup the chef had prepared especially for him everyday ever since he became Captain.

I know this needs alot of work to hook the reader, but I can't seem to figure out where to start. Can any of you guys help me out?

Posts: 20 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray
Member # 2415

- posted      Profile for Ray   Email Ray         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you'll get better results if you post this in Fragments and Feedback.
Posts: 329 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
First Assistant
Member # 3458

- posted      Profile for First Assistant   Email First Assistant         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly. This forum is for discussing books that have already been published.
Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.