Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Butler's "Parable" Duet

Author Topic: Butler's "Parable" Duet
pooka
Member # 1738

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS
(But duh! This is a discussion of published books, not a book review so read on at your own risk).

I found myself really troubled at the end of the second book. I mean, Marcos stole Larkin to be sure, but I think in his mind, Lauren hadn't done what he suggested to find her. Also, there is the mention of the 2040's lawsuit, that ended in an out of court settlement. Was there not any criminal challenge for the people who kidnapped Larkin? That kind of seems like a point where Lauren walked away from the possibility of finding her, when it must have become obvious at that point that she was alive.

Marcus did wrong, but I don't think Larkin was in error in concluding that Lauren was not consumed with the desire to find her child. I think it may have had to do with her syndrome, an inability to focus on the present that explained why she didn't move to safety before the baby was born.

Posts: 334 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.