Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Hannibal Rising *spoilers*

Author Topic: Hannibal Rising *spoilers*
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished reading this, and although it's not Harris' strongest novel, I thought it was very good.

Anybody else read it?

Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking of reading it.

Edited to add: But don't let that stop you from posting spoilers. As Survivor pointed out in another topic, the ideas (what happens) are not the only or most important draws for readers.

By the way, which one did you think was his strongest novel?

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited January 25, 2007).]

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Although, based on what I've seen online, most will disagree, I liked "Hannibal" the best. While most people didn't like the ending of it, I loved it, and thought that the description and dialgoue was some of the best that I've ever read.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked "Black Sunday"...I don't think I've read any others, even the "Hannibal" books.

(Or have I? Did he write "Fatherland" or was that someone else?)

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
His others are RED DRAGON, SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and HANNIBAL.

I liked SILENCE OF THE LAMBS best, and felt that HANNIBAL was a kind of revenge on those who were so obsessed with Hannibal Lector. (Maybe he thought they'd move their obsession to Mason Verger <shudder>.)

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Max Masterson
Member # 4799

- posted      Profile for Max Masterson   Email Max Masterson         Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen Red Dragon and Hannibal, but loved the ending to Hannibal. Both films were excellent.
Posts: 85 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.