Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Philip José Farmer, RIP

Author Topic: Philip José Farmer, RIP
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Just after I left here yesterday, I heard Philip José Farmer had died. For those of you who don't know, Farmer was a prolific and imaginative writer to whom a lot of other writers owe a great debt to for choice of subject matter.

And perhaps Farmer is best remembered for his early work, in the 1950s, where he was among the first, if not the first, to write about sex in science fiction. I think we all owe him for that.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamieFord
Member # 3112

- posted      Profile for JamieFord   Email JamieFord         Edit/Delete Post 
I still love "Riders of the Purple Wage" and anyone that can try to write under the name Kilgore Trout is okay by me.

He'll be missed, but never forgotten.

Posts: 603 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.