Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Class » The Artist's Way Week 4

Author Topic: The Artist's Way Week 4
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
June 22-28

Don't forget to keep doing those morning pages and take yourself on that artist's date!

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

No books or TV for a week?!?!?!?

OK, technically I think it's a really good idea but ... whimper ... she coulda warned us.

What makes this really hard is that I've got a 5-week-old baby at home and there's just not a whole lot else to do when you're nursing except watch TV and read.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dee_boncci
Member # 2733

- posted      Profile for dee_boncci   Email dee_boncci         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I didn't do so well with Week $ thanks to my travels, and I am not doing so well on Week 5, seeing as there's one more day to go and I've just started reading the chapter. I should be back in the swing of it when next week starts.

I've kept to my morning pages except for the last two days since I've arrived home. Both days I've gotten caught up in getting caught up and forget. I'll have to remember tomorrow.

Artists dates: even though the trip was a business trip, I consider almost the whole last week one long artist's date. If you ever get the chance to visit Kauai, go. I went on several mountain hikes, visited several beaches, viewed several waterfalls, and visited the National Tropical Botanical Gardens. Next week's date will seem pretty mundane I suppose.

Posts: 612 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 1646

I got a little behind as well. I'm still reading the chapters, but I haven't done a date in 2 weeks and I've only done morning pages 5 days out of 7 for the last 2 weeks. It has been hard starting a course like this right after having a baby. I don't think it was a bad time to start per se. I do have a good bit of time to think and reflect. What I'm lacking is proper mobility (ie what do I do with the kids when I'm on a date?) and the time to pamper myself like the book suggests.

I've been thinking about changing the format of this "course" to try to be a bit more flexible. I think I'm just going to have a single running thread called "The Artist's Way" and invite people who are doing any week to chime in with their personal discoveries.

annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that format would work better for me. I took a long vacation (my first anniversary!) and just got back. Needless to say, I've totally fallen off the bandwagon here. I've done my morning pages for maybe 2 or 3 days this past three weeks. I think I'm going back to week 3 to start up.
Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.