Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Class » The Artist's Way General Discussion

Author Topic: The Artist's Way General Discussion
Christine
Member # 1646

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
As I mentioned, I have decided that this "course" would work better if we skipped the rigorous week to week schedule. Please feel free to join this discussion no matter where you are in the book from week 1 to week 12, or even if you haven't read the book but would like to work with the basic tools.

BASIC TOOLS:

1. Morning Pages -- Every morning, get up 30 minutes early and write 3 pages of anything that comes to mind. This is a stream of consciousness effort. It is not a way to perfect your writing and is not at all specific to writers. It is a way to spill your guts and figure out what is really important to you. Don't worry about spelling or grammar. Don't even go back and reread them for at least 3 weeks. Just write for 3 pages.

2. Artist Date -- Every week, plan to take yourself on a date. This need not be long or expensive, but it should be something you enjoy doing. Have fun. Be whimsical or silly. Play. Go biking or hiking or roller blading. Listen to old music. Play the guitar. Buy silly stickers at the dollar store and make a collage out of them. Anything at all that strikes you.

Each week there are exercises that help us discover our creative blocks, explore our true desires, and learn to let go and have fun. Some of them are pretty personal, but any and all discussion is welcome.

Posts: 3567 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.