Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Class » Ideas for stories

Author Topic: Ideas for stories
Iustin
Member # 10408

- posted      Profile for Iustin   Email Iustin         Edit/Delete Post 
Found a picture online of random sentences that a woman was saying while fast asleep. Maybe they are enough to give seed to a new story. Here they are:

I want the little clay things that are spread all around.

I can't do anything right now i'm in the middle of cups.

We cant make the other one, we don't have the bigger machine.

Some random person is testing me.

I need more feet.

You're not worthy of my trust.

I feel like i have the keyboards stuck to me.

How much left until the map is finished.

I can't remember why you were going to swap the apples.

Give me the flavorful items.

I can't fall asleep, i'll get into trouble. Bed bed bed bed bed bed bed.

The Parmesan doesn't go like that.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a relative who (used to) talk in his sleep...fortunately I didn't have to spend much time in his presence while he slept...but the memory of one thing he said stays with me [quoted to me]..."C'mon, Craig, pull, pull!"...ah, if I only knew what it meant, 'cause he didn't.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
A picture online? Does that mean that the above list could be copyrighted? (Sorry, but things like this make me nervous.)
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iustin
Member # 10408

- posted      Profile for Iustin   Email Iustin         Edit/Delete Post 
I doubt it. The picture was simply a crop of the notebook and then the text black on brown under it as the resolution was too low to read the notebook. The picture was put online on a joke site where anybody can download and make use of it.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Thanks, Iustin.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sétanta
Member # 10421

- posted      Profile for Sétanta   Email Sétanta         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Kathleen Dalton Woodbury... you're such an Administrator. ; )

Totally teasing. I know you have to be careful.

"I need more feet," is funny. But what would you do with more feet? What people really want is more LEGS.

"Some random person is testing me," is intriguing. Well, it actually sounds like paranoia. But skipping that, I love the idea that someone is being tested by someone they don't know and have no idea why they're being tested or what they're being tested for. Indeed: a seed for a story.

"The little clay things" scare me a little (the originator "wanted them" but I think they would be creepy in my book).

Finally, "Give me the flavorful items" is exactly what I say whenever I go to any restaurant for the first time. Not weird at all. =)

thanks for these, Iustin!

Posts: 27 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

Well, Sétanta, I try.

[Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.