Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » The New Trigger Challenge

Author Topic: The New Trigger Challenge
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
For this challenge, you may use the trigger literally or just let it give birth to new ideas.

For those who accept, you will have two weeks to complete your story. I'll check monday to see who has put their name in.

To join the challenge, you must simply type "I'm in." as a response.

Rules:

• No more than 2000 words (word processor count). it may be as short as you can make feel complete.
  • If you enter, you must critique. The point to every challenge is to get a submitable story--this helps the critiquer and the writer to notice where they need improvement. You must critique at least 3 stories.
  • The trigger will be announced on Monday 2/2 and all entries will be due on 2/15 (No excuses, and I know Valentines Day shows up there, but that might be a worthy theme. Nobody will know the trigger before Monday (except me...bwahahahahah).
  • As always, if there's sex or excessive violence, a warning should be applied.
  • Once all stories are done, send them (rtf) to me (with your Hatrack nick and "Trigger Story" in the subject line) and I will post the first thirteens. After they're all posted, feel free to critique and vote on the hooks.
  • Then, I'll send an rtf to each contestant with all of the competitors entries (sans the names), return them when you have loosely critiqued all and line critiqued three.
  • The next step will be announcing the winners.

So, who's in?

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in
Posts: 968 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for BoredCrow   Email BoredCrow         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gan
Member # 8405

- posted      Profile for Gan   Email Gan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 260 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
If the trigger gets to me, and if I can find the time without compromising the story I'm writing for the Witch o' Words sudden fiction contest, I'll be in. Can't promise though.

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for billawaboy   Email billawaboy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 342 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
What TS said.

[This message has been edited by annepin (edited January 31, 2009).]

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott
Member # 8433

- posted      Profile for Scott   Email Scott         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in but for this to really work it should be a one week time frame or less

*ducks to avoid objects thrown at head*

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmieeRock
Member # 8393

- posted      Profile for AmieeRock   Email AmieeRock         Edit/Delete Post 
im in
Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post 
In I AM.
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in, because I haven't abused myself enough lately.

[This message has been edited by aspirit (edited February 03, 2009).]

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in.
Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
What TS and Anne said.
Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing our submissions shouldn't have anything that gives us away?
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't be an entrant, which is why I'm taking the entries and distributing them with the info wiped off to the contestants. I have to know who'se writing what to get your stories and critiques abck to you and keep track of 1st 13s.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The trigger will be announced on Monday 2/2...

Did I miss it?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

Did you read the thread titles, ol' boy?

There's a separate thread for it: Entrants and Trigger for IB Trigger Challenge

Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
IB - I just cut paste to the email body, did you want this as a file? I can resend if you want
Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.