Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » Entrants and Trigger for IB Trigger Challenge

Author Topic: Entrants and Trigger for IB Trigger Challenge
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I see 11 definites and 3 maybes (that know they want to). Entrants are required to have their entires in (or a good excuse why we should wait on them) by Monday the 16th.

Entrants are:

• satate
  • Bored Crow
  • Gan
  • billawaboy
  • Scott
  • snapper
  • AimeeRock
  • Bent Tree
  • aspirit
  • Tiergan
  • LAJD
  • Shimiqua
  • Devnal
  • Tale Spinner (?)
  • annepin (?)

Again, you may use the trigger literally, metaphorically or just as inspiration. I suggest you write down a few ideas quickly and throw them out, and choose from the next few so we'll get a wider variety. I urge you to kick your ideas and this around and tap the connotations and resonance of the words in the trigger. Mix them with a current "stalled" idea, come up with an entirely new idea and allow yourself to explore new avenues--but finish what you start, no matter how silly you feel about it. We are often surprised by our best-received work.

Without further adieu, your trigger (and the time starts counting down now):

Dancing in the Streets of the Damned.

Happy writing!

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited February 03, 2009).]

Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
Great trigger.
K, I'm in. Take the question mark off.
~Sheena

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devnal
Member # 6724

- posted      Profile for Devnal   Email Devnal         Edit/Delete Post 
I missed the sign up! can I still get in on this??
Posts: 303 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
You're in.
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for BoredCrow   Email BoredCrow         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! I can feel the beginnings of a great story stirring in the depths of my mind.
Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

I have one story in, so far.

*Nudge, nudge*

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

2 stories now...3 more days...(bwahahahahahahahahaha)

[This message has been edited by InarticulateBabbler (edited February 13, 2009).]

snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey IB,

Do we need to put in the [i] if we want it italisized?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

Did you italicize it in the text? If so, it'll remain italicized in the mass script. If it is italicized in the first thirteen, I'll make the change for it. Just let me know. I haven't looked at anything yet, I'm waiting ofr Monday.
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

Another entry in.

Is there anyone that needs more time? There is a significantly lower number of entries than challengers...

BoredCrow
Member # 5675

I just wrote the first draft of my story. I'll get it in by the deadline (Monday afternoon or night for the deadline? Just to be clear?)
Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

I'll say by midnight EST.
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry IB, the Sudden contest and revisions of some other stuff are taking all my time. Not to mention working for a living ...
Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

TS, you always were a "?", so you weren't wholly expected to be "in". Neither is annepin expected.
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still here. Finally found time to write my story. First draft 2,314 words, not bad as my first draft for TS's contest I think was nearly 5,000 words. I will be one of those sneaking in sometime tomorrow evening. Sorry. Better late than never, though. Well, I wll wait for the critiquing to see if thats the case.
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
IB, I'm waiting for my husband to read the complete story, and he's at work. I'll send you something tonight.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

::bump::

I just emailed my entry.

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

Although we had a few dropouts or failed attempts, I am going to keep them quiet. It makes the stories more random. It's unfortunate that some people made themselves known, but for the others...
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

Ouch, IB, you make it sound like I should feel guilty for stating my excitement at submitting my story by posting here. =(

Though I definitely do understand the good-ness of random entries. =)

[This message has been edited by BoredCrow (edited February 17, 2009).]

InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

Not guilty...but, now everyone knows you made it. There's another that gave themselves away. Shhhhhh.
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

Well, I figured it had been rather obvious, given the post i made just before the one when you said not to announce anything.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.